• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Model kit builders?

93 4x4

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
these are ones I never got too. maybe someday

Last edited:

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

I'm watching for the new notch body Fox Mustang kit that's coming out.

ericlerouge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3 td
Transmission
Manual
I did a lot of those (around 50) and this thread just revive the passion i had for them when i was a kid. Winters are long overhere (don't have a garage anymore) and i guess this hobby fit the bill for those dark winter evenings.... Here are a couple i built back in the days.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

super91(2.3)

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991/1996
Make / Model
ford/ford
Engine Size
2.3/ 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
just built a 40 ford as the replica of the girlfriends grandpas first race car. then the girlfriend got me a model of my dream car for christmas, so much more to come!

FatBoysRanger

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
It's Ford or Nothing
I still build them well at the moment more like collect them as I don't have my desk set back up yet.. I've lost count of how many I've built over the years mostly Fords of some sort with some Mopars thrown in the mix. As soon as I get settled again I'll get some pics of the ones I've built and some of the ones waiting to be built. I have a minor collection of Hot Wheels as well and Model Trains

Lee in Texas

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 for now
Transmission
Automatic
Got something really cool on ebay today; a built Tamiya 1/16 scale King Tiger (German WWII tank). Got it for about a third the price of an unbuilt kit...which is good because those big tanks are not cheap. I plan to totally redo it in a winter whitewash paint scheme.

bodkin1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My latest build:

Wanted to make it look as real as possible so I did some painting.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
i havent built one in quite some time, last one was a ranger splash. ive had both the "visable V8" and the similar turbo I-4 2.3 litre ford. those were really neat! ive got a semi-tractor still in the box, think its the one from a long ago tv show, cant recal the name of it, way before bj and the bear, probly a early to mid 70's show, that green mack in the post before mine reninds me of it... , these days the "real" stuff is what i do in my spare time, like my moms new 2012 mazda 3 skyactive that she drove through high water christmas eve.....needs a new #1 piston, rod, oil pump, oil pump drive chain....not even 20K on that car, want to get a decal to put under the skyactiv logo on the trunk....so it says "skyactiv, water-not so much!" still waiting on parts to come in, interior still drying out too!

fyre82

Firefighter
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/4.0
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
9" on the 2000, 6" on the '88
Tire Size
265/75/16, 31x10.50x15
My credo
The memories of a man in his old age are the deeds of a man in his prime
I have built or have the kit for almost every star trek enterprise including a fiber optic Enterprise D. Hand painted with the aztec design and fully optically lit.

I am just starting to model some vintage fire fighting planes. I have found kits for CL-215 and 415, and DC-6 air tankers. The most abitious is to model a PB4Y-2 that used to work here years ago and was one of the crashes that led to the discontinuance of the use of large vintage planes contracted to the US gov't. I found the base kit, not many left around, and I am gathering photos and information to build the variant I had the pleasure of crawling around while it was here a number of years ago.

Others that are on the shelf are DC-3, PBY, another DC-6 and B-29.

Rich

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I like to tinker with plastic models but I am terrible at it lol, also just don't have the time to mess with one.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

90longbed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I do some models when I have time..... was snowed in for 3 days so I did it to stay busy...... did a peterbuilt 359, 77 gmc wrecker.... long time ago I did a 75 chevy blazer.... also did a few planes.... working on the munster coach right now.... need to get some more... gonna see if I can find one of a ranger

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
My son and I got this one built a few days ago....

Its the new AMT WWII JEEP kit. I did a spring over on it, used some urethane Swampers that I had and made it into a crawler/trail rig. I have a 69 Torino Cyclone on the way that I plan on making look like the GT I had in high school (still wish I had that car)....

scrapper

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
1975 302
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6+3
Tire Size
33/12.50/15
I have got started back into balsa models. I scratch built a 18" FE boat, a rubberband airplane kit converted into rc. I am still covering it with monocoat. That sucks. The boat is almost ready and I have a linberg pt boat that was rc about 1984 or so. I lost the top and am going to rc it again and change it to a ???
I did plastic models when I was a kid. I think the biggest one was a Messerschmidt bf 109. That thing had a ton of guns on it.

Alberta 7.3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
When I'm not working, or playing with my Fords or John Deeres, I'll do some work on a model kit.

Couple builds I've done to combat winter boredom.

Mack DM 600 with some kitbashing and Rex mixer from a Paystar 5000 kit. A light snowfall seemed like a good backdrop for photos.

Paystar 5000 with lots of serious mods, including scratchbuilt crane boom added to a modified Italeri kit Effer picker. Sadly, the boom sections are stuck together now, so it no longer extends.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
When I'm not working, or playing with my Fords or John Deeres, I'll do some work on a model kit.

Couple builds I've done to combat winter boredom.

Mack DM 600 with some kitbashing and Rex mixer from a Paystar 5000 kit. A light snowfall seemed like a good backdrop for photos.

Paystar 5000 with lots of serious mods, including scratchbuilt crane boom added to a modified Italeri kit Effer picker. Sadly, the boom sections are stuck together now, so it no longer extends.

Your truck models look really sharp. Speaking of JD have you ever done a tractor model? I got a 4430 for Christmas in my late middleschool years, probably my favorite model to date. Not complicated but as it went together it looked so much like a tractor being assembled it was really cool.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals