• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Factory Satellite Radio Antenna

Buckeyeman

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Does anyone know if you can use the factory satellite radio antenna on a 2010 Ranger with a Sirius Dock & Play unit without adding another magnetic antenna to the roof?

backroad101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Which was what i think he was asking

Buckeyeman

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I found the Sirius module behind the glove box and unplugged the wire from the roof mounted antenna and it will plug into the Dock & Play. The only problem is it isn't long enough to reach. I need an extension cable with a female connection on one end and a male 45 degree on the other end.

backroad101

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I found the Sirius module behind the glove box and unplugged the wire from the roof mounted antenna and it will plug into the Dock & Play. The only problem is it isn't long enough to reach. I need an extension cable with a female connection on one end and a male 45 degree on the other end.
How are the OEM antennas mounted? Are they magnetic as well? If so, can you completely pull the antenna and reposition it somewhere that will give you enough cable to run where you want? Not sure if this would leave you with a hole. As an FYI, I have mine (not OEM) in the car sitting on the dash at the windshield (both the Ranger and the Mazda6) Less noticible to thieves.

If that is not an option, you can get extention cables at Best Buy (or cheaper online). All I have seen are 50 ft though.

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Which was what i think he was asking
true. but there are also more than one type of connector currently in use by Sirus/XM (at least 3), so, with out looking, you can't really say if it would work or not.

op, you might also try ebay for that extension. glad the plug is the same.

mcgugan87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v-6
Transmission
Automatic
it will work just fine i have my sirius dock and play on it if u need more cable buy and extension i mounted mine in the glove boxand just control it with my aftermarket cd player

Buckeyeman

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I ordered a extension cable from TSS Radio, and now I can use the factory antenna. The Sirius P/N is 14130 for the 20' cable with two different size male connectors on each end. It works, although I only needed about 3' extension.

Buckeyeman

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I FINALLY found a antenna extension cable that works with the factory satellite radio antenna. If anyone here that uses a dock & play satellite radio and wants to use the factory antenna here is the place to go, www.myradiostore.com and order the Vehicle Factory Single Lead Antenna to Sirius/XM Adaptor item #243-3507 for $29.99. It works perfect.

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I FINALLY found a antenna extension cable that works with the factory satellite radio antenna. If anyone here that uses a dock & play satellite radio and wants to use the factory antenna here is the place to go, www.myradiostore.com and order the Vehicle Factory Single Lead Antenna to Sirius/XM Adaptor item #243-3507 for $29.99. It works perfect.
You sir, are awesome. Old thread sure, but very informative. Should be in the tech library.

sad ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011, 2011, 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am actually working on my stereo and have the factory Sat Radio. I just installed the Pioneer DEHX7500S and ordered the Sat Radio Tuner for it. I had to order a XM Antenna Kit from Terk just for the adapter to use my existing antenna.

I also ordered 2 pair of Rockford Fosgate Prime 6x8s, a RF Punch P3SD4-10, and a RF Prime R250X1 Amp.

lone-wolf

Firefighter
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Vehicle Factory Single Lead Antenna to Sirius/XM Adaptor item #243-3507 for $29.99. It works perfect.
Any one know alternatives to this? Cause they don't seem to stock that anymore.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals