• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Will 92 ranger brakes fit into a 84 Bronco 2?

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
I know the rear brakes on our 84 Bronco 2 are on the way out. I just picked up a 92 ranger for parts for my explorer and I have no use for the brake parts in my explorer. So my question is can I take the brakes (drums, shoes, and such out of the ranger and put it into our 84 bronco 2?
I am trying to get by cheap on the bronco 2 and know the ranger has decent brakes.
Trav

Beachbuggy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
should all bolt up, even if they are sized different ( not sure on rangers, but I know that expo's are bigger) the only concern would be the hard line pitch/size/thread. could just swap the whole rear if the gears are the same.

redneckfordf2502002

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L V6 4.0L V6
Transmission
Manual
Well I would just be taking the shoes and cylinders I have newer drums from a bronco 2.

I haven't found out yet the gears. If it is a lower gear ratio I will be swapping front and rear end under my bronco 2 only if it is lower gears or has LS.
Also going to start sourcing info on the 4.0L swap I have a complete chassis ready for it to go under the bronco 2 as long as drive shafts are the same. I still need a bit of research done on it.
Trav

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals