• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rear ranger leafs up front for sas ?

Canadianranger11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Does anyone know or tried running rear ranger leafs up front with a sas including brackets from the rear ? Or would it be too far off from the center of the wheel well up front ?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
some guys use them and seem to do well with some additional leafs mixed in...i suggest to take an extra main leaf and just cut the eyes off so you can run it directly under the main, it definitey keeps them from folding up. they are a bit too long for me, but if you have a bunch of them its as good a place to start as any i guess... i found them to be too soft and easy to fold up with 300 plus hp and a d60. with rear shackle hangers it was worse. with 44 inch tires it was a disaster.

i went to 52 in chevy blazer springs. they are ok, but i have 3600 pounds of front tire weight, about 900 of that is the axle and tires.

so if your planning a heavier then stock truck those blazer springs are ok.

the jeep wagoneer springs work ok with stock powertrain rangers. but you can mix and match to your tastes in any case.

using stock rear spring and shackle hangers would require a full width axle to say the least. most axles want the springs under the rails at least partially so you have to make a spreader out front and offset mounts aft axle. the centering of the axle is up to you, and your bracketry is usally dictated by the centerpoint you choose.

Canadianranger11

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ya Iv seen a lot of sas's here with leafs and the brackets on the outside , I was thinking ranger brackets with the leafs and a dana 30, what happens when you mount the perches and brackets on the out side doesn't flex ? Or drives like shit

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Wider-placed leaf spring brackets will reduce your turning radius due to the tires hitting against them sooner.

And please don't use a spindly little Dana30...
A D30 is going way backwards from what's on your truck (assuming you have the actual Dana35 axle and not the D28/35 hybrid). These type of swaps only start to make logical sense if a Dana44 or better is used.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals