• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hi from Columbus Ohio

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hi I'm Jim,

Been wanting to do a V8 ranger for like 30 years now LOL.

Bought 2 while I lived in SC and never completed the projects.

Been lurking for I don't know how long, but just bought my dream ranger... a little SCSB in dark green with a blown motor. Problem is it isn't 4wd.

Might put this one back stock and sell to get an appropriate donor but at least I can post and ask questions now since I actually own one.

Nice little place here, I'm on several forums for specific subjects and this seems to be the ford ranger place. Thanks for all the info I have seen in the past few years, glad to finally be here.

Thanks-

Jim

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Welcome to TRS~!

You don't need to own a Ranger to ask questions...but it helps as a reference point to have one so you don't have to go look at someone else's to figure out what to do...also better to work on your own truck in case you mess something up and your neighbor finds out...

Go to a junkyard and take things apart...not the yard trucks though...the yard workers get kinda upset when I do that...

JAMMAN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey thanks for the welcome, I was beginning to wonder if my breath was bad or if I forgot to put on my digital deodorant.

It's funny I have more technical articles pertaining to my build copied and bookmarked from this site than any other resource.

I do appreciate you answering my welcome thread but it makes me reluctant to ask a question here the amount of time it took to just say hi.

I already have a donor now, since an article I found here said my 2000 being originally a 2.5 doesn't have pats I bought a 1997 mountaineer with a 5.0 knowing it doesn't have pats either from an article on this board.

I know from an article on this board on door codes it has a 3.73 limited slip rear end which I will be welding pads on for the springs and brackets for the shocks because of an article.... here.

Years of research, most of my info from TRS so I do appreciate the solid info but between the time I posted my hello here... first may I add.. I joined 3 other forums.

I'm done complaining sorry for the rant and I understand the part time thing I have a forum of my own. I do go there every day and when someone joins... I welcome them.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
This is an unfortunate aspect of this particular site. There are many great minds lurking in the threads below but they do not necessarily come here to make others feel welcome...although they have done so in the past.

I'm not just any old post whore of TRS...I like to bump my post count by saying hello...but I also know what it's like to be new to a forum or technical page and like to at least answer a few of them a day if possible.

The answers to technical questions can be much faster if you post something urgent in the urgent help required section. If you post something in an obscure thread about something only a limited number of people would know about...well, you know how that works.

I personally received many helpful tips and have used the Tech Articles many times myself...and also have a bulging "truck stuff" folder that comes in handy quite often. I have also started stashing posts about electronic issues that I'm not familiar with since moving into the fuel injected crowd...that I hope to some day personalize and use to help others...some day...meaning it is on my to do list but not really a high priority any more :)

I do hope you at least ask the questions when you get to a point where you need help...if you are on several boards you may find similar response times...but I've only joined one other board in over 15 years of learning...and only because they were a bit secretive about sharing the good stuff with non members...

Which I really, really, really don't like...but I feel information should not be withheld...especially if it is helpful and not difficult to do for someone like me who wouldn't know anything without the help of a huge group of great people sharing what they know.

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
Hi I'm Jim,

Been wanting to do a V8 ranger for like 30 years now LOL.

Bought 2 while I lived in SC and never completed the projects.

Been lurking for I don't know how long, but just bought my dream ranger... a little SCSB in dark green with a blown motor. Problem is it isn't 4wd.

Might put this one back stock and sell to get an appropriate donor but at least I can post and ask questions now since I actually own one.

Nice little place here, I'm on several forums for specific subjects and this seems to be the ford ranger place. Thanks for all the info I have seen in the past few years, glad to finally be here.

Thanks-

Jim

I hear 'ya on that. I've a 78 Bronco that's been collecting dust 'n rust since 1987

maybe next year.....:icon_rofl:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals