• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Where's the money tree??

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I was with my mother at BJ's the other day and they actually had what looked like small trees in pots that they were selling as money trees.
I had one of those...couldn't afford to feed it...:icon_rofl:

But they do sell them up here in Canada...

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
I would rather spend the money on my truck then buy an all new one.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
How about them 6500 people who applied to purchase the new Ford GT at approx. $400,000? Won't see one in my neighborhood.
Dave

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

YungICY

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I may not have the coolest stuff, or even nice stuff, for that matter, but the only debt I have is a mortgage. No credit cards, car payments, other loans, nothin'.

As a young guy myself it's taken me a while to figure this one out and still continues to be a daily struggle when you hop on Facebook and see Tony just bought a new truck and Tina just bought a new iPhone and Jerry just got himself a 3d printer and so on. But I just have to remind myself that I have three vehicles that I paid cash for and I'm working on being able to buy a house while most of the people I know are probably 15 years from that because every extra dime they have goes towards going out on friday night and having the newest gadget.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
As a young guy myself it's taken me a while to figure this one out and still continues to be a daily struggle when you hop on Facebook and see Tony just bought a new truck and Tina just bought a new iPhone and Jerry just got himself a 3d printer and so on. But I just have to remind myself that I have three vehicles that I paid cash for and I'm working on being able to buy a house while most of the people I know are probably 15 years from that because every extra dime they have goes towards going out on friday night and having the newest gadget.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk
Keep up the good work. Having cool stuff is overrated unless it's paid for. I'm 29, single, I have a 9 year old son who I have custody of, 5 vehicles, a house, and a pretty cool shop. The house is the only thing I didn't pay cash for. It's amusing to watch my friends struggle with little things because of toys they shouldn't have bought.

Doofy

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Shit Happens...Then You Die.
A good woman with money management skills is my " money tree"! The first wife spent it all, and then some. This wife has slowly and methodically dug us out of debt. Being debt free is a wonderful feeling.

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Clean your room before you criticise the world.
Yeah I think that I'd like to leave Ohio to get out of all the rusty BS. so that way when i build a nice truck it might have a shot of staying that way for more than 3 years. but I know so many people here that there really isn't much I can't get my hands on if I really needed it and if I ever fell on hard times I have a few friends with small businesses I could do some work for untill I got back up on my feet. And I hate debt as well I just can't stand the thought of some bank making money off of my hard work and doing basically nothing in return.

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Yeah I think that I'd like to leave Ohio to get out of all the rusty BS. so that way when i build a nice truck it might have a shot of staying that way for more than 3 years. but I know so many people here that there really isn't much I can't get my hands on if I really needed it and if I ever fell on hard times I have a few friends with small businesses I could do some work for untill I got back up on my feet. And I hate debt as well I just can't stand the thought of some bank making money off of my hard work and doing basically nothing in return.
HA. Not to stereotype... but... everyone I've ever met, ever, from Ohio says the same thing: I hate it there, but I have too many reasons to stay.

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Yeah ha ha that's a bout the truth of it not exactly sure why I'm staying here but I am and its a sheet hole the entire state....except Wellsville best wheelin you'll find around for a while

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Do u have snow where your from shran?? If not i ll just come stay with u ha ha

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Do u have snow where your from shran?? If not i ll just come stay with u ha ha
It snows in South Dakota... I don't think they get as antsy about treating it up there though. We go to the black hills about every year for vacation and there is a bunch of older solid vehicles running around up there.

I love my dd (2002 F-150) but she is starting to show her age. I need to reseal the rear window, need to replace the hail dinged hood (sorry but it bugs me but a nice black one has eluded me thus far in the JY), need to redo the exhaust (I will never put a "custom" exhaust on anything again) And rust is popping up everywhere and I swear getting worse by the day.

Replacing isn't an option, what they get for a late model or new is hideous so I will keep nibbling at it when I can aside from the rust. For what I paid for my truck in 2005 I can get one the same age it was (3 years) with the same 130-150k miles it has now. So its newer, has a payment... and the same wear and tear. :annoyed:

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
We get some snow here, it depends how far you get up in the hills. In Rapid City where I'm at, we don't get much and it just blows all over the place. Hardly got anything this last winter, one or two big storms was all. I can almost always count on working outdoors until the middle of December or so, then taking a couple months off of working on projects because it's too cold or too windy. Good to go when March rolls around.

Up in the hills, the Lead/Deadwood area, there is a lot more snowfall. Couple ski resorts up there, it's a neat area.

They salt the crap out of the roads here, not to the extent that they do elsewhere, but it's pretty significant.

Mightyfordranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3in
My credo
Not sure what you guys consider significant rust but there's alot of trucks out here ya you see through lol I have a buddy that his cab was held together with a ratchet strap

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Mine isn't that bad, one cab corner is gone the other is going. Bottom of three doors are rusty (had them fixed once, the DS door has been perfect and has never been fixed. Front and rear bottom edges of the bed are getting rust spots that have been growing and multiplying.

For an '02 around here it is pretty clean really.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals