• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Accused of being a mall crawler

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Uhm... soccer mom?
wow.... I could show them that a mini-van is a helluva lot more durable than a little toy car their parents purchased for them on their 16th birthday from a dealership. Older mini-vans are TOUGH.
Here here for the A4LD...:icon_rofl:

For at least the past 10 years a well aimed bird crap would make most of those around here implode.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 & 7.5 460
Transmission
Manual
I had a 79 dodge aspen ( 2nd car ) 225 slant super six auto, when I was in high school.
I would go through 2 feet of snow leaving the hot shot show offs in the parking lot with their claw tires and new 4x4 yota's. NEVER got stuck in mud or snow or ice in that car.
As is true for every vehicle their after car or truck.
Its not what you drive its how you drive it. You wouldn't and don't want to drive a purpose built wheeler as a daily driver. It would beat the snot out of you and really fubar the truck long term on pavement. Let'em talk smack driving their purpose built trucks to school every day. Then when you hear them in study hall complaining about the cost of new special order worn out parts due to road driving on a daily basis turn around and laugh your ass off while your driving away.
I see you have a 93 2.3 That is what I have now Back in School I had a 77 Aspen 225. Also back in school (and now) I tell people to go F&*% themself And od what I think is right.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
thats a sweet truck

BigJohn76

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
finally got around to getting some video of the trail i wheel. it is nothing like you guys who have built rigs, this is just a dirt road in the country that gets muddy after a rain. i waited a few days before going out so there isnt much mud, just puddles, but it is bumpy as hell and will break stuff if it isnt tight or is junk. Let the bashing begin again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx4Sghf875k

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
finally got around to getting some video of the trail i wheel. it is nothing like you guys who have built rigs, this is just a dirt road in the country that gets muddy after a rain. i waited a few days before going out so there isnt much mud, just puddles, but it is bumpy as hell and will break stuff if it isnt tight or is junk. Let the bashing begin again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx4Sghf875k
:icon_pepsi:

Cute puddles, but hey fun is fun.

Last edited:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
do you loose your breaks or something at the end? lol all you hear is shit and thump thump sounds like hittin your brake pedal a couple times

and if u wanna get her dirty ya wants to get out in some deep sticky muddy shit an have her in 4hi an put her on the mat an cut er back an forth and donuts an wat not, thatll fire the mud all up over the side of her an rooster tails everywhere lol

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Boggin thats what I was thinkin, Bigjohn is that a corn pipe on your dash? LOL

BigJohn76

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
do you loose your breaks or something at the end? lol all you hear is shit and thump thump sounds like hittin your brake pedal a couple times

and if u wanna get her dirty ya wants to get out in some deep sticky muddy shit an have her in 4hi an put her on the mat an cut er back an forth and donuts an wat not, thatll fire the mud all up over the side of her an rooster tails everywhere lol
no i didnt lose the brakes, the road has some massive ruts and there was a guy with a 4 wheeler parked on the side and a tractor in the field.

it was pretty thick on the 5th. we had a good 30 minute downpour and me and a buddy went out. i had the truck sideways in 4hi and almost slid into the fence and then almost off the bridge. you have to go through twice to get the truck real dirty. first to push the water out of the holes and again to get at the mud.

and froggy, yes it is:D

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
ya... sorry im sure it was fun but i coulda made it down that in my 06 f 150 and its 2wd. u need to find some real trails

BigJohn76

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ya... sorry im sure it was fun but i coulda made it down that in my 06 f 150 and its 2wd. u need to find some real trails
there is no such thing as real trails in northwest iowa and i am too poor to drive to where the trails are. i also feel like a bad father to leave my daughter at home with the girlfriend while i go wheel, so i guess im stuck with this for now.

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
there is no such thing as real trails in northwest iowa and i am too poor to drive to where the trails are. i also feel like a bad father to leave my daughter at home with the girlfriend while i go wheel, so i guess im stuck with this for now.

well, you can save all your loose change....then when ya have enough for gas money you go to a trail.....

as for leaveing the daughter at home.....both of my daughters love to go wheelin' with me from when they were both in carseats....now they wanna drive....

l8r, John

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Nothing will make your little girl happy like spending time with dad, and if you want her to share your interests. Get her out there, even on the bunny trail, lOL. You have a gift, id give my left nut to have my daughter with me to take out places. (Id give both of them and the wang actually)

Girls NEED their dads.

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
at least you weren't accused of being a soccer mom. This is what I drove to high school every day - I'm still scarred from the abuse. They just about made me park in the teachers lot
dude my last year i was in collage i drove a chevy venture mini van....i made it cool though, JVC head unit, MTX speakers,1000watt Kenwood AMP, and 2 12inch Hi-Fonics subs:D chicked loved to ride in it sometimes:icon_twisted:

i got hit when i guy ran a red light and killed it....i sold the system. ill get another one day

http://therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73834

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
i feel like u may have taken that the wrong way i wasnt meaning to be a dick or anything im just saying that if ur enjoying doing that u would havea blast on an actual trail. and as for your daughters i grew up in the back of my dads truck. basicly every weekend we were 4 wheeling or working on the truck or somthing like that and thats how we bond. i think thats half the reason i love 4 wheeling so much because it reminds me of those days

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals