• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Knock Sensor

SamFisher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 Liter
Transmission
Manual
I bought a knock sensor from China because I had no choice in the matter. The knock sensor on the 2.9 is discontinued. But the sensor from China didnt work. I have a question. Would it be possible to jury rig another two wire sensor. Maybe from a 90's pathfinder??

timpage

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I noticed a listing for a knock sensor on Autozone's website. I don't know if it's the same as the Chinese one you picked up, since no other parts store website I've looked at lists a knock sensor (as you've probably already found....). Maybe this will help?

SamFisher

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 Liter
Transmission
Manual
I am not sure why it is still listed on their website. Because when you try to order it, the system wont let you. And when you go to the store, they cant order it either. So I am screwed if I cant jury rig another knock sensor.

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
Have you been keeping an eye at the wrecking yards for a 1986-87 2.9 ranger or bronco-II. Not all knock sensers generate the same signal (millevolt generator) and are torque sensitive. Too tight it probably wont work try wrapping the threads with teflon tape and turn it in hand tight and then another half turn. The best way to test it is to watch the timing marks while running and have someone tap on the block next to the knock senser do not tap on the senser with a wrench. The timing should retard with the tapping.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals