• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

87 Diesel Ranger help please

Mini-Stroke...

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L Turbodiesel
Transmission
Manual
Hopefully this is in the right section, if not, please direct me as to where I should have posted.
Does anyone know where to find some motor mounts for this creature? The oil pan is nearly sitting on the cross member and I would like to replace them before they completely fail and I have a holy oil pan. I found these but they are not the same style. Pic of replacement below:

Also, I have yet to find a passenger side mount..
Any help is appreciated

Jesse

Hagan

08/2013 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Rockauto has one for the front left (not sure which side?) but its $12.24

Oh yeah I just checked napaonline.com. They have both motor mounts you need.

Last edited:

Mini-Stroke...

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L Turbodiesel
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the help, And reading back now I realized what I typed was not all that clear lol. The pic I posted up is not the right one. It is the only one I have been able to find :( and will not work (I have one of these already)

parrotfred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ranger diesel motor mounts.

Hello,
You will not find motor mounts for this truck. When you check with the parts houses some of them will list mounts that they say will fit but alas when you get them they will be like the one you have pictured and they will not work. Not even close. I think there is a systemic data base error for these aftermarket mounts.
I built jigs and molds and rebuilt mine and several for other people. I take the original mounts and throw them in a fire to burn the original rubber off of the steel pieces then I sandblast them, next I bolt the pieces in a metal jig that I built. Then i install wooden molds around them, with mold release agent of course, then I cast them in 60 durometer urathane. Pop the molds off, give them a coat of black spray paint and you got new mounts. Better than the originals because of the urathane instead of rubber. I will rebuild yours if you like, but I must have the old ones for the metal pieces. Just email me if interested. Chelton@reawire.com

RangerKing1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy
Engine Size
6.5 diesel
Transmission
Manual
truck

Thanks for the help, And reading back now I realized what I typed was not all that clear lol. The pic I posted up is not the right one. It is the only one I have been able to find :( and will not work (I have one of these already)
If you can't find the mounts, let me know. I will trade you a 86 v6 auto ranger running with a 2.3 gas engine for your diesel engine, mounts and all. i have a 88 ext cab (2wd) I would like to diesel as I use to tow a race trailer of racing mowers all over the country and use interestate alot. It would also give my stack exhaust a good reason to be there. (LOL might not look rite on a gas truck but I like em)

You will have to keep your tranny as for my truck is just 2wd and from pics, yours is 4wd

1987 diesel ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello, I could use your services in rebiulding my motor mounts? Could you give me a call? Scott (217)899-2652 I have an 87 2X4 that I have completly overhauled.

Mini-Stroke...

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L Turbodiesel
Transmission
Manual
Wow, where have I been lol...

Parrotfred, do you have any extras to ship that I could swap out for mine to ship back? This truck is my DD so I can't afford to have it down for very long (sucks when the backup DD is down too lol)

RangerKing, sorry but there is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG line waiting on this poor thing if I ever let it go lol, but as long as it is running good I don't have any plans to let it go anytime soon tho

parrotfred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I may have, give me a couple fo days to look. If I do it will take me about a week to rebuild them.

Wildchikin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo diesel
Transmission
Manual
Parrotfred I need my mounts rebuilt, they are off and ready to go. The email would not work. Can I get some contact information please?

OldDieselLover

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L; 140 CID
Transmission
Manual
Motor Mounts for DIESEL, Mistsubishi, WANTED!

:icon_welder:I need a NEW motor mount for my 87 Ranger Mitsubishi DIESEL, for the LHS [driverside]! There is only steel remaining on my mount, the rubber is all gone. I do not think Parrotfred is active anymore, though he did provide some good info. There must be some solution to this dilemma. Any sources or do I have to make my own? I may be wrong but I think Mini-Stroke is correct in that the offered mounts do NOT fit. The are all made in India and will not fit the Mitsubishi mount. I bought 2 from Rock Auto and even attempted to modifty them but failed. Any additional attempts will require me to remove the engine and I'd like to avoid that. If I have to I will cast my own. Any suggestions or sources appreciated.

DieseldangerRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'84 w/'83 diese
Transmission
Manual
Necro-posting hoping to revive anyone with pictures of 4wd mitsubishi mounts. Have 2wd mounts but need to see what changes with bracket/mounting.

Mini-Stroke...

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L Turbodiesel
Transmission
Manual
I never did have any luck finding new mounts. And life took over and that rig found a new loving home about 4 years ago. Last I heard it was still going strong tho.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals