• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hid Help

suzuki14258

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ok so the guy i bought these hids from who gave me a warranty is out of buissness i guess. Anyways had my hids for about 7 months, one day one went out, hit the high beam and it came back on had no more problems for about3 weeks, friday my friend texes me says my head light is out do the high beam low beam thing stays on rest of day. Now everytime i hit a bump it flickers and goes out and have to turn the lights on and off for it to come back on it does not always come back on. I hear the box clicking low and high beam when the bulb is not lit. My question is do i need a new hid bulb, ive checked all the connections and there good.

Fx4wannabe01

February 2010 OTOTM Winner
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
1st problem: You bought a what I assume, a cheap hi/lo kit. those never ever ever last. my single beams have been working flawlessly for the past almost 3 years. And it was just a normal run of the mill eBay cheapy kit.

2nd problem: check ALL your connections again. Could be possible everything is hooked up and latched right, but the connectors have interal issues. Also check your factory plugs for corrosion and/or burned plugs.

Have you swapped the good bulb over to the bad side??? That's how you determine if it's the bulb or the ballast or possibly something else.

suzuki14258

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
It was suppost to be decent, is made in germany lol. I will try switching the bulb cant think i didnt think of that.

jarrodh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
not shure what kit you have, but,if you ran the hid kit thruogh the drl module that can kill the ballast or the coder..

with the drl using a square wave signal,(off-on-off very fast to not let the buld fully light) it confuses and kills it..hids need a constant steady feed..

.. just my .02.

STingray1300

Reaction score
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
It was suppost to be decent, is made in germany lol. I will try switching the bulb cant think i didnt think of that.
Don't confuse a "Made in Germany" component with a quality set up. All HID components are made in Germany. Then someone takes them and puts together a ba$tard kit to fit various applications. (never meant to use in a halogen housing, BTW)

For more information on HIDs than you probably ever thought was available, you might consider the information in these links:

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/HID.html

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/disadvantages/disadvantages.html

Enjoy!

suzuki14258

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ok guys i think i found the problem, stated takin apart all the connections and packin them full of dialectric grease, when i got to the ballist it was corroded to hell, so cleaned it and packed it full of dialectric grease. So far seems to be fixed hit some big bumps and it never went out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals