• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Post pics. of 17''s on lifted Rangers

Leroy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
As said in the title please post up some pictures of your lifted Rangers on 17" wheels. I am think of switching to 17"s.

Leroy

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
uhm.....i dont think ive ever seen a lifted ranger on 17's.....

AngloSaxon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
there use to be one (98+) with 35x12.5x20

I'll try to find a pic of it

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i hope its a show truck if ur gonna have 17's on it.....and be lifted

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i hope its a show truck if ur gonna have 17's on it.....and be lifted
Anymore there is a better selection for 17" tires than 15 or 16, since you can no longer get a half ton with anything smaller than 17" anymore, and most smaller trucks are going to the bigger rims too. For example right now you can not get the new BFG MT in anything smaller than a 17".

My dad's 1980 3/4 ton has 16.5's and gets around great, so an extra half inch really can't hurt much.

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
i want 26 inch chrome spinners with boggers on them :taunt:

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ya, have fun tryin to run some 31's on 17's while wheeling.... or anything else for that matter, why do u think that most guys try to put 15's on there truck for offroad use, becuase tires are cheaper, perform better offroad and there's still a abundance of them being made and will not end anytime soon

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ya, have fun tryin to run some 31's on 17's while wheeling.... or anything else for that matter, why do u think that most guys try to put 15's on there truck for offroad use, becuase tires are cheaper, perform better offroad and there's still a abundance of them being made and will not end anytime soon
Hey, I don't run anything bigger than the 16's on my F-150 (brakes won't allow anything smaller) Just stating the fact that as new tires come out they are really slow at making them for the smaller rims, they are selling them by the truckload for the guys with bigger rims for the newer trucks.

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
haha, low profile boggers that would be funny as hell. first bump you hit would bend those flashy rims. then again it would probably make the cd hanging from the rear view fall off too. lol.

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey, I don't run anything bigger than the 16's on my F-150 (brakes won't allow anything smaller) Just stating the fact that as new tires come out they are really slow at making them for the smaller rims, they are selling them by the truckload for the guys with bigger rims for the newer trucks.
if i can put 15" wheels on 1 ton axles im sure theres a way to put 15's on a newer f-150.

still most trucks that will need offroad tires will either run a 15" or 16.5" rim and i dont see it changin anytime in the near future

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
if i can put 15" wheels on 1 ton axles im sure theres a way to put 15's on a newer f-150.

still most trucks that will need offroad tires will either run a 15" or 16.5" rim and i dont see it changin anytime in the near future
yea exactly except for the guys that get the chrome or black 17+ size rims and meaty tires and never see the dirt, just so it looks good parked at soccer practice to impress the soccor moms, not that i dont want to impress em but you get what im saying. lol.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

There is a quarter of an inch between the rotors and the rim, I don't see it happening. The 04+ F-150's have bigger rotors yet, they don't even have 16's for an option. Really 16's are not that bad to get tires for anyway.

Good luck getting 15's on a remotely modern one ton. We had to grind the calipers for them to fit on our 1981 3/4 ton.

Last edited:

kevinsranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
There is a quarter of an inch between the rotors and the rim, I don't see it happening. The 04+ F-150's have bigger rotors yet, they don't even have 16's for an option. Really 16's are not that bad to get tires for anyway.

Good luck getting 15's on a remotely modern one ton. We had to grind the calipers for them to fit on our 1980 3/4 ton.
i know the older chevy trucks had really big front rotors and calipers and the full float rear. i dont think you can bolt on 15" rims, but i dont thing there is much else like that.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i know the older chevy trucks had really big front rotors and calipers and the full float rear. i dont think you can bolt on 15" rims, but i dont thing there is much else like that.
We were working the brakes and replaced the caliper, went to put the wheel back on and it wouldn't turn. Looked at the old caliper and it had been ground so we had to grind the new one.

Actually it was a 1981 2wd Camper Special Chevy. We also have a '80, I got them mixed up.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals