• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1993 Pre runner build

93rangerunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 93 Manual ext extended cab id like to be cleaning up and pre runner it. Im interested in linking the back as well as getting long travel for the front. i will be doing performance and handling upgrades thanks sta tuned and any advice would be great. I currently dont know where to start.

93rangerunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Truck I found for 800$. needed battery so i got that. Drove it home ran fine. Unknown problems. NOw ima ask you guys where should i start? Im on a budget. Sorry I dont know how to post photos yet. Please tell me if you know how i can upload the image not just the link....

http://tinypic.com/r/20p9e21/8

Last edited:

Dprocks100

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
To upload the image, copy the Direct URL from your image site. On your post, click the picture icon that says "insert image" and paste your image in the box that pops up.

Here is the pic of your truck done that exact way.

Truck looks like a good start man! What are the specs of it? (engine, auto/manual, 2wd/4wd) and what exactly are you planning to do with it prerunner wise? Those questions should help people know where it would be best for you to start. Usually people on a budget tend to start with mild lifts and tires, fenders etc.

By looking at your pic, I'm going to assume its 2wd, so most of this will be geared towards 2wd. Its kinda hard to off road much with a stock 2wd because of clearance issues, so I would do a lift. Quite a few ways to cheap lift the pre 98 rangers. Tech library would be where I would research that info.

Next I would do tires and rims, because the standard 14" rims don't allow many options if any to upgrade to larger or off road style tires. And the street tires you have now aren't going to do much anyways off road.

Being on a limited budget and building a truck really doesn't work if you want a full out performance, do anything and everything toy. But a lift and bigger sized tires will help you do a lot more than it does now. Do a lot of research, this site and others will help out a lot with what you want to do. You find that a lot of your questions have already been answered multiple times by others.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals