• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

is a harbor freight fuel injection pressure tester accurate enough for testing a 2.9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I was wondering if a fuel injection pressure tester, purchased from harbor freight is accurate enough for testing a 2.9's fuel pressure...

has anyone bought one, from them, before... and if so, were you satisfied with the quality of their tester... or, are they pretty cheaply made, as they are pretty low priced...

was, also, wondering about a harbor freight inductive timing light, if their quality is any good, as well...

the saying goes, you get what you pay for... so, maybe, they're not worth buying... or, are they... if you have any idea, let me know your thoughts...

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I can't speak to those two items, but of the tools we have bought from the we've never had any problems. Sure they might not last quite as long as a better more expensive brand, but many times you can get two of the harbor freight units for the price of one of the better. It's really just a matter of how quickly you need it and the price you need it at.

alllw88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I bought the Fuel Pressure Tester from HF a couple months ago to use on my 86 Nissan Sedan. I tested the fuel pump and pressure regulator with the kit. The readings I got was all within the service manual specs. The reading on the gauge was steady with the engine not running. The needle did vibrate when the car was running thou. Not sure if that was normal or if a better gauge would read differently. My problem with the car turned out to be the Air Flow Meter (MAF).

So for $14.99 Plus tax, I'm satisfied with this gauge kit. I was going to use one of the gauges on my old AC Gauge set but this was much easier since they provided some adapters. Will be testing the 88 Bronco ll Fuel system next cause it's been only getting 11 mpg but runs great.

WingsOfSaturn

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I purchased the Fuel Pressure tester from HF to use when working on Saturns. Never had any issues using it.

There hand tools are a different story and yes I have purchased a few. Nothing beats a good Craftsman tool set. My dad calls their hand tools "planters tools". Keeps a set in each of his tractors and vehicles. If he looses them not a big deal. Picking up a 52 piece socket wrench set for less than $6 on sale I keep a set in my trunk just in case. And yes I have even used them sometimes.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
thanks for everyone's reply to my inquiry about wondering if purchasing a fuel injection pressure tester from harbor freight, is worth buying, from your own experience...

harbor freight has their fuel injection pressure tester, and timing light, on sale for half price... so, I think I'll buy both of them... since, no one has posted any complaints, in this regard...

thanks, again, appreciate everyone's information...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals