• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Roanoke Va members?

ter240

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone know a good mechanic in the Roanoke area? Need some help on my 94.

fastpakr

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
285/75-16
What do you need help with? For most things around here I really like Brandon Automotive.

ter240

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Kind of a long story. I did a trans swap, auto to manual and everything went well. The swap included a change to a new ECU.

After about 100 miles the idle began to act up, racing and revving if the clutch was out, but strangely acting normal if the clutch is engaged. My initial effort was to chase the vacuum system and I ended up replacing most of it (PCV, Evap canister, solenoid, lines, capped trans kick down).

The problem didn't go away so I replaced the IAC and TPS. Still no luck so I ended up redoing the other FI sensors (MAF, IAT, ECT and EGR components).

Now I'm getting some idle issues and a when accelerating it revs nice to about 1800 rpm and then feels like it's lagging until about 2500 rpm and then it revs freely. Also get CEL if I use the AC.

So at this point I think I need a new set of eyes that can diagnose and get me sorted.

Thanks, Tom

ter240

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Problem solved!

I wanted to thank Duane and the guys at Brandon Automotive. They took a look at my truck and although they didn't solve the issue they were more generous with their time and advice.

With Duanes's help we determined that it was most likely a bad PCM. I ordered a replacement from RockAuto and installed it. Success, the issues are gone and the truck drives great.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals