• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

hose number please

Dav

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger xlt
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
, 2.9
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
none but it is a convertible
Tire Size
stock
i have replaced the single piston brake system, and the beams, in my 88 ranger with the twin piston system from a 96. the 88 is a 2wd 2.9 automatic.
everything went in easily and it is all together EXCEPT for the drivers side brake hose. the stock 88 is too short. i have tried every hose that o'reilly's has (have to order each and wait until next day to get them)
the tech section on the swap says use a 97 non abs but o's doesnt list a non-abs. neither do advanced or napa
the problem is with how the hose fits into the frame; a hexed hole with one segment rounded. the right side uses a bh380411 but the same part on the left points the hose in the wrong direction. all others seem to have the t fitting or the frame end is round with a flat spot instead of hex with a rounded part.
i hope someone went thru this and remembers where they got the correct hose.
worse comes to worse, friday i will stop at ford.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Try a BH133806. That is a 97 left hand, 2wd RABS, which would be the same as a non-ABS hose, since there was no connection to the ABS hydraulics in the front.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals