• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone ever buy after-market UJoints for Dana 28 front axles?

cmattina

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I can't get a clear isea of what product number to get that's not Ford OEM (i'm in Canada so try multiplying US OEM price by 3 or 4).

Anyone know a MOOG number? the closest I could get is 369, but that seems like the width is off...

chandymanusa

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
u joints

Go to Rockauto.com. Just looked they give part numbers for several different brands and give dimensions.

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
you want the = to a 1210 spicer....iirc brute force from autozone # 456 is the greasable little guys.

the safe bet is too look op the front axle joint from an 87 or older

cmattina

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
even on the older ones they kept giving me ones way too wide. I found MOOG 240 may seem to do the trick. Rock auto gives a million choices and they don't give the width for anything. My issue is a have a 93 2.3 4X4 so all part stores' computers assume is dana 35. I think I found the right one though. I went to partsource here in Canada today and they kept giving me the wrong ones even though I was looking at 87's... anyways,240 seems to be the magic number

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
A 93 does not have a d28....it will have the 28/35 hybrid....uses the same axle joints as a true d35.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

cmattina

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I might be wrong, but this may be useful for people who come accross this.

I ended up getting the ones for an 87. I believe, could be wrong, that the 1993 4 cylinder does indeed have a dana 28...

rock auto was the best choice. I should have just believed them. I ordered the ones that specified left and right front axles. I believe on the dana 35 and hybrid the u joint are generally the same all over.

ab_slack

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I have a Moog 436 which I got for my right hand axle shaft (87 BII which I am pretty sure is a Dana 28). I haven't actually put it on yet so can't verify the fit. It looks approximately the right size.

edit: I should add the one I have is for the right axle inner joint (one next to differential), don't know if it is the same as the outer one. I know the left side has a different one called out (466).

second edit: I see both 436 and 466 listed for all thee axle shaft positions. The 466 is greasable.

Last edited:

Cam10

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 EFI
Transmission
Manual
PN#436 at Napa auto parts will get you the u-joints that you are looking for. Although, and unfortunately, the only part numbers I could find are listed as non-greasable. If worst comes to worst, here is the good ol' original ford part number : E3TZ-3249-A. Almost any auto parts store will be able to look that up for you and get the parts you seek.

Hope this helps,

P.S, I live in Alberta and am doing pretty well the same thing to my ranger ( plus a diff rebuild). If you by any chance need any more front end seal/ bearing numbers, pm me and I will try my best to get back to you.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals