• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Help quick!

tippykid98cztom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/relays.html

wireing my 4 hella 500's and i have everything all wired up again. they used to work but it shorted awhile back and i just started from scratch. the relay has everything hooked up like the diagram on the link above says to and they dont work. I think its something with my switch. I have a 2 pole aircraft toggle switch. I had the #86 going to one pole then grounded the other pole and that didint work, then i changed the grounded pole to power and it still dosent work. do I need a 3 pole switch? it used to work with a 2 pole regular toggle
http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/products/Toggle_Switches/toggle4_small.JPG

Last edited:

sooperxtool

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 1993 2004
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Switch could be bad, do you have a multimeter?

yyc_tbird_sc

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
on the relay...
30 - +12V from a FUSED source
87 - is going to be connected to your load. This terminal will be the one that is powered when the relay is tripped using your switch. The 87A terminal is used in the opposite fashion, to turn off high current loads (ie, when you energize the coil, it will disconnect the power).
85 - Connect this side to a ground
86 - Connect this to the one of the terminals on your SPST switch, and the other terminal of the switch to a +12V source (this +12V source is often a switched ignition source so that it turns off when you turn your truck off).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals