• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Rangertoy's SAS lots of pics

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Tractor link rod ends, really? C'mon man, those are junk.
:idiot::idiot:

I seem to recall you using them on your rad arms and thinking they were the shiz.

Yes I used them too, but ditched them after a couple months cuz they were trashed.

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
I seem to recall you using them on your rad arms and thinking they were the shiz.

Yes I used them too, but ditched them after a couple months cuz they were trashed.
And after only a few months, they were loose and needed to be replaced. They're crap.

Had I known then what I do know, I wouldn't have used them. I didn't use them this time around, did I?

:thefinger:

rangertoy

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Solid Axle Swap
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6?
Tire Size
Tractor link rod ends, really? C'mon man, those are junk.
They may be junk but I had to do what I had to do , if you would read the entire thread I said in post number one that the links would be redone when I had some money I had to get this truck back on the road so I could drive it. So I my opinion you post is irrelivant and arrogant. Thanks you for your concerns, And the track bar has a 1" rod end on it not a "tractor link". Now on a better note I got my front driveshaft together. Used a front shaft from a K5 blazer with a neapco adapter for the t-case

JohnnyU

"Outlaw"
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevrolet
Engine Size
Ls2
Transmission
Automatic
They may be junk but I had to do what I had to do....So I my opinion you post is irrelivant and arrogant....

Funny thing is, I didn't ask your opinion of my post. :rolleyes:

MY opinion is, if you're planning on driving this thing on the road you're jeopardizing the lives of everyone in your truck and on the road around you.

I used tractor links and quickly discovered why they were not recommended for this application. Everyone else will tell you the same thing. I don't care what you do, but know that they're just flat out not safe.

:icon_cheers:

Last edited:

rangertoy

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Solid Axle Swap
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6?
Tire Size
Understood,
Heres my thought on the links I am using right now: I live on and run a dairy farm. We use a tractor to put out around 20 bales of hay a day. I have been using the same third arm to hold my hay fork on for about 5 years and there is no telling how long its been used before I started on the farm. 1 round bale of hay weighs about 2,000 pounds, thats about half the weight of my truck. So if you are thinking that the links are going to break I will have to disagree. I have put 6200 miles on it since I finished and still no slack in the ends. Not trying to offend anyone, every one has their opinion. :icon_cheers:

strtspdlx

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
im jealous. i have a 99 ranger and this is what id like to do to it eventually. did the d30 fit same as stock. same width?

rangertoy

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Solid Axle Swap
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
6?
Tire Size
just a little update. I have about 10000 miles on my truck since the SAS and no major problems. I have since replaced the Skyjacker RBV coils with Deaver EB coils, and have redone the y-links. The lower links are made out of 2" tube with ballistic joints and poly bushings, the uppers are 1 1/4" tube with 3/4" rod ends.

khoward

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Funny thing is, I didn't ask your opinion of my post. :rolleyes:

MY opinion is, if you're planning on driving this thing on the road you're jeopardizing the lives of everyone in your truck and on the road around you.

I used tractor links and quickly discovered why they were not recommended for this application. Everyone else will tell you the same thing. I don't care what you do, but know that they're just flat out not safe.

:icon_cheers:
you cant teach a old dog new tricks rangertoy
my 2 year old knows better than to do what was done in this picture thats just not going to work atleast toy had enough since to weld his in the pipe to add leverage to it good job on the build toy

Roger

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Can you give a better explanation of the upper coil mount mods? Additional pics too?

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
impressive work man. i like it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals