• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My tow/family rig.

Silver talon84

May 2010 STOTM
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Spoiler!!! Not a ford!!!

02 caddy escalade AWD 6.0 HO with about 101k miles on her now. Bought her about 2.5 years ago at the dealership that I worked at. Bought her right in the middle of the gas crunch, so I didnt have to pay much!! I put a K+N cold air on her, and she allready had a dynomax catback single outlet exhaust on it. Boy dosent this thing $h!t and git!!! I towed my 86 Merkur XR4Ti home on a dolly with this, and raced a couple of z71 half ton x-cabs from the toll booths. I walked off on every one of them!! Without a trailer, I can eat them for lunch. I had a 95 impala SS for a while, and with a K+N, and catback on that car, the SS barely walked away from the caddy!

Three rows of seating, DVD for my two little girls, and heated seats for everyone!!

I get about 18mpg on the highway with her, and 16.7 towing the merkur almost 200miles home! 15mpg around town (a little lower in the winter), so overall not a bad rig to have. Its a beast in the snow too!! And boy, turn off the traction control and awd donuts for everyone!!

Let the hate begin!!

trail B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
There are a lot of good cars out there that aren't Rangers.I'm surprised at the mileage your getting though had a friend with a 6.0 pickup didn't get near that wound up coughing up for a diesel.Reminds me of bait car the show.

Silver talon84

May 2010 STOTM
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yea, I was pretty suprised too!! They are geared pretty low, where it is all time AWD, as I cant turn it off. I belive they are setup with 3.42's. If I set cruise at 68, and no more than 68, is when i get 18+/- With no wind, on a dead flat section of higway, its 20-21, but much of a grade and it goes to 17-18 or so. Ive been going by the trip computer in the center consol, and then checking it with gallons at the pump, and after about 30k miles, its only about a tenth of a mile off from what im getting by my math.

2 years ago, I packed up 6 adults (including myself) and went to the back side of mass (springfield I belive it was) from here in maine. I had to argue and convince everyone that it would be better taking my truck than the 2 4cyl cars that we were going to take. After 700+ miles, I got 17.6mpg, and it cost all 6 of us about $17 each to go down, and would have been over 20 in the two cars. That and the whole way down, they all drank and watched movies the whole way while I drove!:beer:

Spowerback

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
v6 4.0L /
Transmission
Automatic
that the world is bizzard .person acquaints that you contaminate with big van

Lincoln Navigator

Last edited:

Spowerback

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
v6 4.0L /
Transmission
Automatic
we can make it

Silver talon84

May 2010 STOTM
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Your pic dosent work, and not sure 100% what you're talking about. You trying to say that I can convert it to a lincoln truck?

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
spowerback is never really understood just like an enlightend buddah. but I like it. You bring some dignity back to the escalades

Silver talon84

May 2010 STOTM
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That's the 345hp Escalade. The new ones with 6.2s are 400+hp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJzPGp-bl3o

Hell yeah.
Yea, with the K+N claiming 18hp at the peak (and I belive it with my SOTP meter (Seat Of The Pants)) and the cat back doing close to the same claimed hp, this goes really well, and is a great torque monster. Love to have the 6.2 for the fuel management system tho, and the extra power would be nice!
spowerback is never really understood just like an enlightend buddah. but I like it. You bring some dignity back to the escalades

I guess!! lol, I want what he is having!

What you mean by dignity?? I dont have some 28's on it with some off colored plastic hood scoops and euro tails??? lol. Ill have some 20's on her soon (no bigger tho, cause i need some good rides still and dirt roads are going to be tricky enough with 20's) cause I totaled her this winter and busted up one of the rims.

This is what she looked like the night it happend.

Not too bad, allready have her half way done, frame just got finished being straightened, and once she is alligned right, Ill be buying some tires, and off to my buddys house for the bumper and paint.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals