• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hey yall i need some info

84rangerguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Hey all, came across this site today and I'm impressed with all the information available. I just started a project, a 1984 ranger 2wd 2.8 v6. It was my brother's but he passed away from cancer a few years ago and im just starting to work on it now. It is mechanically sound after some long hours of fixing wiring that had been chewed by rats haha but, now im on to body work. The roof had been hit with a tree. not too bad but on the back towards the bed theres a 4 inch deep by 18 inch gnarly dent that needs to be fixed. ANd also some rust on the bed on the passenger side wheel well. MY questions are this, Where is the best place to find new body panels and secondly and ideas as far as my roof, is that roof panel even available to buy or am i going to have to fab something myself?

FRENCHMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey all, came across this site today and I'm impressed with all the information available. I just started a project, a 1984 ranger 2wd 2.8 v6. It was my brother's but he passed away from cancer a few years ago and im just starting to work on it now. It is mechanically sound after some long hours of fixing wiring that had been chewed by rats haha but, now im on to body work. The roof had been hit with a tree. not too bad but on the back towards the bed theres a 4 inch deep by 18 inch gnarly dent that needs to be fixed. ANd also some rust on the bed on the passenger side wheel well. MY questions are this, Where is the best place to find new body panels and secondly and ideas as far as my roof, is that roof panel even available to buy or am i going to have to fab something myself?

Welcome, here. is happiness for your truck.
Other members can give you the answers you need

:icon_cheers::icon_cheers::icon_cheers:

robmedina

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
www.LMCtruck.com seems to have everything. You can get a catalog too. It took about 3 weeks for it to come but it has (seemingly) everything for my truck- body panels, trim, seals, etc.
Get one for your year truck.

MNBen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
www.LMCtruck.com seems to have everything. You can get a catalog too. It took about 3 weeks for it to come but it has (seemingly) everything for my truck- body panels, trim, seals, etc.
Get one for your year truck.
x2

84rangerguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Automatic
thanks guys I appreciate the help, unfortuantaely im not seeing the roof panel in lmc tho =(

jeffminsc

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3L diesel
Transmission
Manual
I don't think you'll find a roof panel. You will need to some body hammers and doily so you can beat the dent out.

84rangerguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Automatic
yeah i was hoping to not have to do that but its really the only option. another question, wheres the best guide concering v8 swaps?

84rangerguy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Awesome! thanks boggin!. its becoming a fun project and kind of a rolling memorial.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals