• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Finally doing it

pushback

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 going to 5.0
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer.
I'm finally back and it looks like my old project hopes are finally happening! My first car was an 85 Bronco II and I've wanted to do 4.0/5.0 swap into an 80's Bronco II/Ranger since I had that truck. Well, I'm finally doing both this summer. Pulling my 1987 Ranger and 1984 Bronco II out of the storage lot they've sat on for 8 years and doing a 5.0 swap into the Ranger and finishing the 4.0 swap I started on the Bronco before it got parked and forgotten (life happens and I forget stuff). Should be getting them back to the house in the next week or so and hoping to get the Bronco back to road worthy in the next 2-3 months, then build the Ranger over the rest of the summer. When it's all said and done my baby brother will have a Bronco II 4.0 4x4 and I'll have a Ranger 5.0 4x4 with an 8.8 rear end and 6" lift. Been doing a lot of reading on here lately, brushing up on the old trucks and what will be needed to get these swaps done. Gonna be a busy summer full of garage beers and lots of name calling at the old trucks when they're not cooperating. Probably a whole lot of technical question posts as we go along too. Probably annoying my apartment complex with the mess in my garage too.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I look forward to the build.

rangerenthiusiast

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm finally back and it looks like my old project hopes are finally happening! My first car was an 85 Bronco II and I've wanted to do 4.0/5.0 swap into an 80's Bronco II/Ranger since I had that truck. Well, I'm finally doing both this summer. Pulling my 1987 Ranger and 1984 Bronco II out of the storage lot they've sat on for 8 years and doing a 5.0 swap into the Ranger and finishing the 4.0 swap I started on the Bronco before it got parked and forgotten (life happens and I forget stuff). Should be getting them back to the house in the next week or so and hoping to get the Bronco back to road worthy in the next 2-3 months, then build the Ranger over the rest of the summer. When it's all said and done my baby brother will have a Bronco II 4.0 4x4 and I'll have a Ranger 5.0 4x4 with an 8.8 rear end and 6" lift. Been doing a lot of reading on here lately, brushing up on the old trucks and what will be needed to get these swaps done. Gonna be a busy summer full of garage beers and lots of name calling at the old trucks when they're not cooperating. Probably a whole lot of technical question posts as we go along too. Probably annoying my apartment complex with the mess in my garage too.
The Ranger 302/5.0 is something I’ve wanted to do since I had an ’83 Ranger about 25 years ago. It’s also awesome that you’re thinking of your lil bro in all this. Looking forward to seeing your progress. :icon_thumby:

bobbywalter

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Event Staff
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Technical Advisor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ugly Truck of Month
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD mostly
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
BIGGER
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
sawzall?
Tire Size
33-44
My credo
it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy:headbang::headbang::headbang:

:icon_hornsup:

deathbypsi

06/2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3turbo
Transmission
Manual
Do it. All the cool kids are doing it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals