• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Header collector size

monstertruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Trying to find the collector sizes on different headers for the 302. I haven't done my swap yet but I have a 1990 Lincoln mark vii with a H.O. 5.0 I am going to use and R2 tranny. I also have a pair of pro comp alum heads I bought for a 351w project I am doing for the mark. But I've been thinking of putting them on the 5.0 for the ranger. The exhaust ports measure about 1 3/8 x 1 3/8. So this is my concern I don't want to buy headers with to small primaries that it chokes my exhaust flow. Right now the motor has a set of early 351w heads hand ported and the stock shorties are definately a restriction.

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
iam running shortys on my 302.
the collectors are 2 1/2/

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I ran the Shelby tri-y's on my 400+hp 331 and although some may think these aren't enough header, you couldn't tell. I welded the outside of the tubes around the flanges then ported the insides to better match the ports on the Canfield heads I had on it. I've never measured the primary tube sizes, they're likely 1-5/8" the collectors are 2-1/2".

monstertruck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks guys, but what I meant to say was primary tube size. But I am considering the tri-Y's and doing exactly what you did, weld around the flang and port to match my heads. I did call james duff and there headers are only 1-1/2" primary tube, and to me that seams to small. Are there any specific tri-y's that fit better than others or not? The reason I ask is because I looked on ebay and it seams there are a few different styles for the 65-70 stangs. Thanks for the replies.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals