• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.3 header

redgooch

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ihave a question. I put a hedman header on my 2.3. I noticed a leak when the engine is under a load. Hedman told me that i should have used a spray on copper gasket sealer. So I did that, but I still noticed a leak under load. I pulled the header off a third time and noticed that directly under each of the exhaust ports that there is a small secondary port. I think in might have been used for A.I.R. on other years but my truck didn't have it. I looked on the stock manifold there is a small grove that lines up with these small sec. ports. My question is can i block these off somehow? I was thinking I could use an epoxy putty with a copper silicon to seal them up. The header flange blocks off the sec. ports but it still wont seal compleatly. The whole reason i put the header on in the first place was to get rid of a leak. My main concern is if i put something in there, there is a chance that something might work it way back into the head. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be great. Thanks for taking the time to read this.:icon_confused:

Beanmachine7000

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
If you aren't using them you can weld them up...

hippie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Tap em and use allen head set screws

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals