• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New to me Ranger

JMGlasgow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
It's been awhile since I last visited here, I just didn't need any tech assistance on my old Ranger. Well, the 2000 Ranger is now headed to the bone yard. It got totaled last month with 238500 miles. I'll miss that one, I've had it for 13 years, and it rarely had issues. Lots of memories...

Now I picked up a burgundy 2004 FX4 with 192k on the odometer. It looks well taken care of, and the engine was replaced at around 100k with a Jasper engine. I'm not sure if Jasper is any good, but I figure it's lasted this long so it should be OK. It has a small body lift and 285/75R16 tires which I think are too big, but I may be wrong.

I'd upload pictures, but it won't let me for some reason.

One more thing. I know the timing chain cassettes can have issues, is there anything I need to know about them? Is there a mileage interval for replacement? Should I run synthetic oil?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals