• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New owner of 2010 ?

Ken N.

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I bought a 2010 4cyl automatic regular cab. Plain jane no cruise. First general question when looking for answers what years are the same as 2010 or does it depend on what part of the truck the question pertains to?And with no cruise I know some of the older(than mine) have a box on the side of the fender. Is there any sign on mine if it is prewired? And what years of supension. I want to read post on lowering the truck.And does it have automatic headlights? THANKS Ken.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2010 Ranger 4cyl will be the 2.3l DOHC Duratec engine, Mazda L engine, Read here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_L_engine#2.3L_(L3-VE,L3-NS,L3-DE)

It will have the 5R44E 5-speed automatic, or the M5OD-R1 5-speed manual as far as transmission options

2002-2012 Rangers used the 2.3l Duratec engine
But......in 2001 Ford dropped the 2.5l SOHC Lima engines mid-model year and started installing the 2.3l Duratec, so there are some 2001 models with "same engine" as yours.
The "2001" to 2003 2.3ls have electric thermostat and Intake Manifold Runner Control(IMRC), both were bad ideas and dropped in 2004 model year.

1997 and earlier Rangers had the 2.3l SOHC Lima engines, so Google search of "Ranger 2.3l" will get mixed results :)

1998 and up 2WD Rangers used coil springs up front, but some EDGE models used torsion bars

Lowering the truck down ideas here: http://www.therangerstation.com/how-to/mini-truckin-lowering-suspensions/ford-ranger-suspension-drops/

I wouldn't count on "pre-wired" cruise, look at 3rd party cruise control, or find a wrecked Ranger with matching steering wheel with cruise buttons and clock spring, then start pulling out the parts and wiring

Probably no on automatic headlights, but could have DRL(daylight running lights), i.e. head lights are on when truck is

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals