• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Looking for pics of LED BULBS in 3rd Brake...

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Howdy, I've searched, probably not close enough ;) but all I got was actual LED 3rd brake lights, I'm looking for pictures of your 3rd brake lights with LED replacement BULBS, like these:: http://autolumination.com/906.htm

Is there better light output (brighter)?
Longer life I would assume?

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
Good idea with LED's longevity. Bad idea for brightness. An LED bulb in a standard socket will not get enough voltage to be as bright or brighter than the 906. My dash LED's look great but are dimmer than the 194's that came in it. You'll need a voltage bump of some kind to equal the brightness you are looking for. Considering the money you'll spend doing the conversion you are better off paying for the LED unit offered aftermarket. They are designed to plug into your existing lamp socket and has the circuit board installed on the back of the assy.

Hope this helps!

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I put LED bulbs in the stock third brake light and even in the tails. I havent noticed them not being as bright. I will get pics up tomorrow for you.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
My 3rd brake bulb burned out and I used an LED, it was just as bright as the original.

I used this kind: (only 6 high power LEDs)
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/wled-whp6.htm

I can only imagine the top 2 bulbs (depending on how much room the 3rd brake light actually has, I never measured) would be at the least slightly better. LED's will provide plenty of light, especially if you get a red colored one. Again, mine lights up just the same as the rear lights with standard bulbs.

I even used the standard power single LED's in my gage cluster, they look fine at night too, just as bright as they were before.

I would not hesitate to use replacement LED bulbs in all lighting applications on my truck, I currently setting just a bit more money aside to almost fully convert my Saturn as well.

frankserrano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2005, 1986
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L, 5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
if you can find casper98's show off thread, i think i remember seeing pics of his LED third brake light. i could be wrong though lol maybe it wasn't even him. who the hell knows!?

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The pictures didnt turn out too well but you get the general idea. If anything I would say that the lights are brighter with the LED bulbs.
Third brake light on

cargo lamps on. (these really do a good job of lighting up the bed. I tried to take a picture but with a cell phone camera they didnt turn out well)

LED taillights, license plate bulbs, and small light bar about the plate.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals