• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

08 Ranger Headlights

nugggster2003

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I wanted to upgrade my headlight bulbs to something brighter so I snagged some sylvania super silverstars on sale for 25 bucks.

after popping the hood & trying all I can. the bulbs are hard to get to, & I havent been able to get them out. can anybody chime in on what I can do to accomplish this? the plug is in a supertight gap that it soo small.
-do I need to remove anything to get to them better, or even take the whole headlight assembly out? my hands arent huge, but theyre not small either.

which way do the bulbs need to be turned when your looking at the back of the headlight assembly?

:bawling:

Dragonclaw

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I think the newer rangers have retainer clips on the headlights like the F150's do. If so look right above your headlight and you should see a plastic trim piece with a couple of screws. Take em out and you should see a clip on both sides of the head light pull up on it and it should come all the way out. Change the bulb and just put it back like it was and your done.

Casper98

August 2012 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
To remove headlamps, pop your hood and you need to locate the headlamp mounting tabs(look at the arrows). Simply pull up on those two tabs, the headlamp will be loose, and while your pulling out the housing, you to wiggle up and down on those tabs. Then your lamp should be out. You might have some plastic covers mounted to the headerpanel, you’ll have to remove those. Mine have been off for a long time, so they aren’t shown. But if you have them, it takes a 7/32” socket to unscrew them.

Regnar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
WOW thanks very much for this info.. I changed the bulbs out today and I was cursing trying to get the old ones out.. Came on here and read this and had it done in 10 mins.. Thanks again!!!

Randy

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals