• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Dome light staying on and...

powerranger262

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
2002 FX4. So just a half hour ago, my dome light decided that it doesn't want to go off. I slammed the hell out of all four doors, nothing. So I sprayed a bunch of WD40 in the latches and opened and closed them about ten more times, still nothing. I will let them soak for a few hours and try again later. After some searching I came up with the pin switch fix, so I will go that route next.
But the other thing that started happening at the same time is with the lights/taillights not flashing when I lock my doors now. Could this also be because of the pin switch sticking?
I was wondering if someone could do me a favor and leave a door open so that the dome light is on, and then try locking your doors with the key fob to see if your lights flash or not.
Any help with this would be appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:

rjppunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
i know you used wd40 but i'd try chain lube spray, it gets right in the crevices and worked on my rig when that happened. good luck

powerranger262

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Just went back out and did a little more slamming, got it! And that was what was causing the lights not to flash. Loving this site more and more.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals