Home Discussion Forum Tech Articles Other Articles Featured Rides Readers Rides Classifieds Shirts & Decals Parts Store

Ford Ranger Discussion Forum

Off-Road Truck Of The Month

'Kona'
June 2014 OTOTM

Mini Truck Of The Month

'Dazzlin' Dave'
June 2014 MTOTM

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions > General Discussions

General Discussions This forum is for general discussions. Place posts that don't fit in any other forums here.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:47 AM   #1
wr250rdr

Vehicle Year: 1994
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger. 2.3
wr250rdr will become famous soon enough
Default explorer rear end into a ford falcon

I have a 61 falcon and its my understanding that the spring perches are the same and that it would only need to be narrowed about 2 inches or so

does anyone know the difference in distance between the pas and driver's side? i plan on having a shop narrow it for me but i believe that making both sides the length of the shorter of the two is the right length.

also any tips on adapting the parking brake, and disks, i converted the front and figured i would do the rear as well. already has power breaks and a new proportioning valve.

also what are the ideal year range for strength? or am i stuck with a rebuild to get strength out of the 8.8? the 302 i have is a mild .060 over and is planed at putting about 400 to the rear wheels.
wr250rdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Forum Notices (Not shown to 'Premium Members')

Reminder:

We're looking for participants to help move our banner from Alaska to Florida: Click HERE.

Click HERE to see the banner map.

Want to become a Premium Member & not see these notices? Click HERE.

Want your truck considered for Truck Of The Month? Click HERE.

Don't forget to vote!

Old 04-01-2011, 07:00 AM   #2
Tominator
Premium Member

Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger XL
I use this vehicle for: Self Gratification
Tominator is a splendid one to beholdTominator is a splendid one to beholdTominator is a splendid one to beholdTominator is a splendid one to beholdTominator is a splendid one to beholdTominator is a splendid one to beholdTominator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wr250rdr View Post
I have a 61 falcon and its my understanding that the spring perches are the same and that it would only need to be narrowed about 2 inches or so

does anyone know the difference in distance between the pas and driver's side? i plan on having a shop narrow it for me but i believe that making both sides the length of the shorter of the two is the right length.

also any tips on adapting the parking brake, and disks, i converted the front and figured i would do the rear as well. already has power breaks and a new proportioning valve.

also what are the ideal year range for strength? or am i stuck with a rebuild to get strength out of the 8.8? the 302 i have is a mild .060 over and is planed at putting about 400 to the rear wheels.
Look over at Corral.net and there is a discussion of the explorer third member going into early Mustangs. Your Falcon has the same chassis as the 64 1/2 to 66 Mustang
1995 w/Ford crate motor GT40X heads Tri-Y Flowmaster40s GT40 Intake. Custom Paint. OZ Racing w/Sumitomo rubber. 5-7 drop w/Dreambeams/Flip Baer Racing brakes w Stang disc rear. S-Trim w/meth. Viper Spec Tremec......and that's just the outside!
Tominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #3
wr250rdr

Awesome. Ya I know they are the same, I did the same mod Shelby did to the early mustangs on the front control arms. And the motor mounts are the same for the v8 conversion that I put in!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:50 AM   #4
Tominator
Premium Member

Vehicle Year: 1995
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger XL
I use this vehicle for: Self Gratification
Tominator is a splendid one to beholdTominator is a splendid one to beholdTominator is a splendid one to beholdTominator is a splendid one to beholdTominator is a splendid one to beholdTominator is a splendid one to beholdTominator is a splendid one to behold

My very first car was a 1960 Falcon.....and I still love the early ones.
1995 w/Ford crate motor GT40X heads Tri-Y Flowmaster40s GT40 Intake. Custom Paint. OZ Racing w/Sumitomo rubber. 5-7 drop w/Dreambeams/Flip Baer Racing brakes w Stang disc rear. S-Trim w/meth. Viper Spec Tremec......and that's just the outside!
Tominator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:29 AM   #5
wr250rdr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominator View Post
My very first car was a 1960 Falcon.....and I still love the early ones.
This was and is still my first car. Dad bought it for me for Christmas one year and I drove it until I got my ranger, now it's getting it's major work done.