• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

88 ranger 302 swap wiring?

mopar_66757

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have been working on a 302 swap in a ranger, and i'm in need of a diagram that tells me which wires are for the gauges....temp...oil pressure, I don't have the 4cyl. engine harness. the harness that comes out of the cab that plugs into the engine harness don't have the same wire colors the web diagram shows on the web, and I've googled a diagram but its for the 2.3 and mine was a carb 2.0. :bawling:
All I want is to know which wires are for the oil pressure, Alt, Temp. :icon_confused:

I have got the engine bolted up and everything in except headers, which I get today, and stick the driveshaft in, I figure I might have to unbolt the engine mounts to get the headers in easier.
Thanks

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
’97, '06
Make / Model
Pontiac, Dodge
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Copied from a post by gertsdsbs in this thread;
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=528337

Fig. Fig. 20: 1986 Ranger/Bronco II body-part 4 of 4

FIG : Fig. 17: 1986 Ranger/Bronco II 2.3L and 2.9L gasoline engines-part 1 of 4

Fig. Fig. 18: 1986 Ranger/Bronco II 2.0L gasoline engines-part 2 of 4

I think the last diagram has the info you want.
Hope that helps,

Richard

mopar_66757

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks a lot, but now today I took it for its first drive, and the used FMX trans is screwd... I changed the pump seal, and drained and refilled converter when I put the motor in, filled the tranny up before I started it, but never changed the filter.
It took off just fine about a block and went to back into the drive and it wouldn't go into reverse? so I put it in every gear and it didn't do anything. I shut it off and let it set for a while about 10 minutes, it went into gear and backed up just fine so I put in drive and it seamed not to slip until I drove about a half ablock and it wouldn't do anything in any gear??

1mean02hd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L V8
Transmission
Manual
Sounds to me like you didn't add enough trans fluid. Best way to do it is on a lift or the entire car on stands. That way you can check all the gears while adding fluid.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

TexasDuck66
July Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

25th Anniversary Merch

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals