• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Mommy Missile

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Sorry Pat, it's not Purple :thefinger:
$425 I paid for it, interior is spotless. 5 speed, 4wd, blown hubs, new manual hubs are sitting in a box waiting for me to put them on. RA bushings are shit so it handles poorly, BJs the TREs looks great. I've got the matching wheels for it. AC works, power everything works. 3.27 gears suck but can't complain with 22MPG on my first tank.

Ignore all the wires for my Zune shit.

Back seats, even has the cargo cover.

Wish B2s had a forward sliding drivers seat!

Only broken thing I could find inside.

Worst spot outside, bondo spot that was hit again.

Classic ford peeling clear hood.

I plan do do the RA bushing and hubs on sunday.

Last edited:

AccordRanger

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/99
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/4.0
Transmission
Manual
wow great find.
i wish i could of found a ranger that clean for that cheap

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
**** Ford and their ****ing auto hubs, ****ing ****s.
This was a ****ing joy to get off, couldn't get the goddamn key out of the slot, so out came the grinder and chisels.

Hubs installed.

Bad radius arm bushing compared to good, wonder how ****ing long they drove on that? It actually tore the inner lip in the radius arm bracket and put a deep gouge in the radius arm. Some people should ride the bus.

Sorry for the language, feels good to vent. Drives soooo much better now and I have 4x4. Oh and it looks like the shitheads hooked something to the swaybar to pull it, bent the drivers bracket on frame like 2" forward and it was tweaking the swaybar so it's unhooked right now.

Last edited:

grey ghost

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
nice looking explorer.. you will like the manual hubs alot better..:icon_thumby:
and your 100% right some people shouldn't be aloud to drive the way they treat their cars:icon_confused:

Shran

Junk Collector
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Nice find man. Looks like it's in pretty good shape even with the problems you found.

The '91 Sport I parted out a couple months ago was MUCH worse. The front diff was full of dirty water, the rear axle was held on with u-bolts made out of freakin allthread, every piece of the interior was either filthy, burned, or broken, and it was actually missing one brake pad. The caliper piston was almost totally burnt off.

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Nice explorer!

What are your plans with it? DD?

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
My '86 Bronco II has forward sliding driver seat!

Nice score. There is an '93 Explorer that needs a head gasket close to me that I am going to go look at tomorrow. They want $200 for it.

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Got a new stereo put in saturday. AUX input for my iPod and Zune, no more over-the-air transmitter bullshit, also has HD radio.

I think I'm set on the 3.73 swap. I also want to put some clear corners, a black billet grill and a new paint job wouldn't hurt either.
I want it to look kinda like this (minus the lift/tires).

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
Ahh, the memories of when I first got mine 7 years ago. The interior was in about that condition when I got it, the exterior was much better. Now it's a rusty old tank that I never wash. I keep the mechanicals up perfectly though.

Here's a list of what you get to look forward to:
1) Keep a close eye on the cooling system. Mine was hosed up from the PO and ended up w/ cracked heads.
2) The drivers side seat reclining mechanism will eventually break, allowing the driver's seat to flop backwards. Leather buckets out of a 95-01 are a nice fix.
3) The center armrest will break. I actually can't believe it's not broken already.
4) The rocker panels, doglegs, and fuel hatch area will soon be consumed by rust. I cut more cancer off mine each spring. The rest of the body is surprisingly rust-proof however.
5) The goofy leaf-spring-axle u-bolt plate -lower rear shock mount bracket things will eventually crack in half, leaving the shocks dragging on the road and the suspension creaking terribly. It's quite embarrising while driving through town. I just welded mine back together and reinforced the crap out of 'em.
6) The 3.27 gears suck bad. It sounds like you have the right idea with 3.73's. That's what I did with mine and it was the single best mod I've ever done to that thing.

Oh, and eventually you'll get so sick of the kidney jarring ride (at least around here with our frost-destroyed POS roads) that you'll decide it's just not good for your health or attitude to daily drive this thing any more and opt for at least an ext. cab, 2wd ranger for a daily driver. That's were I'm at now.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Well we don't get salt on out roads here so rust isn't a big problem at all. I do notice it doesn't ride as nice as my B2 though. My friends explorer has the broken armrest, I'll be sure to be careful with it. It is a much better DD than my B2 though. I would like a ranger but for the majority of what I do the Sport works better for me, hell I could get a ranger too and have one of every RBV. I settled on the 3.73s after driving my friends 4.0/5speed ranger, that and 4th gear with 3.27s is slightly higher RPMs than 5th gear with 3.73s and I'm getting 1.4MPG better by driving around in 4th under 60. 55 in 5th is 1600 RPMs, about 2100 in 4th.

Loanranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1989/
Make / Model
Ford/
Fordzuki
Engine Size
2.9/2.3
Transmission
Manual

np205

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I got a pig with some 3.73's if you want, pm me.

Chazman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FERD
Engine Size
4.0 Litre
Transmission
Manual
I've got an Explorer limited grille that'd look nice on it. Esp.with those clear corners....

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Wow, very nice find.

Just needs some black paint and some boggers. :D

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I got a pig with some 3.73's if you want, pm me.
Already got the pig, need an 8.8 :icon_thumby:

I've got an Explorer limited grille that'd look nice on it. Esp.with those clear corners....
Thanks for the offer but the limited grill has never really struck my fancy :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals