• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 Ranger STX Longbed

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
SPECS
1994 Ford Ranger STX, 4.0, 5speed, 4x4, Standard Cab, Longbed

MODS
3" Body Lift
Bug Guard/Spoiler
Sony Headdeck
Hedman Headers
130 Amp Explorer Alternator
Mirrored & Lit Explorer Visors
Custom Texas Style Dual Catback Exhaust
Magnaflow Stainless Steel Single Inlet/Dual Outlet Muffler
Belltech 6400's w/ Poly Bushings
Custom Painted Valve Covers
DIY Ported & Polished Heads
31" Firestone Destination AT

INITIAL POST
Ok, I've been on hold for a lot of stuff due to winter, but due to the recent warm up I'm back at it again. Firstsince most people aren't familiar with my truck, here it is..

my truck is for the time being, my tool storage area..

and my bed is my spare parts warehouse..

and maybe its just me..but there's something missing here..

The truck is a 93 Ranger (obviously) STX Longbed 4.0 5speed, with elec. shift 4wd. The 4.0 was taken out of it by the previous owner..so I need to acquire an engine. Conveniently enough the previous owner was nice enough to leave the 4.0 wiring harness, air intake, and driveshafts in the bed when I bought it (thanks Tom). The truck also had a 3-inch body lift and 31's, which I will use till I absolutely can't use them anymore. I will update as it becomes possible. Lemme know what you guys think.

Last edited:

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
HEY LOOK! an update!

The interior isn't in shamble's anymore..I finished pinning that all together again. I also ripped out the extra wiring seen in the first pick that probably would have caused a fire if I was driving this truck (the light also isn't there anymore either..it was really bad). Continuing, I also have installed the wiring harness...and will probably have to replace fuse after fuse after fuse but no biggy, we'll cross that bridge when it comes. So as it stands right now, I need..everything. Future updates coming!

Last edited:

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
FUTURE UPDATES HAVE ARRIVED!:yahoo: haha..

lookie lookie what I gots!

its a 1993 Explorer I found on craigslist down near Philly. Its got the 4.0, 5-speed, and elec. transfer case I was hopin for and it was CHEAP! $325, excluding hauling it back here. Oh it was a fun ride too..fun ride..anyway, it was in a wreck, so I can't plan to part out as much as I wanted to, but thas ok, I still can get scrap for it I spose

driver's side panel damage..

back hatch damage..

passenger side swipeage..

more swipeage..

untouched interior..

and what I paid $325 for..

k..whew..thats enough pics for today I think.

Last edited:

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
haha and one more..

I've already begun tearing into everything..and I've only had it a couple days. Mainly I'm just disconnecting things right now, wiring, hoses, the whole nine yards. I've already transferred the air intake though..I will need a new one however, as the guy was nice enough to break it at some point in history and then ducttape it-_-..

Last edited:

79machowagon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Manual
are the front seats and center console for sale

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
are the front seats and center console for sale
erm..I spose so..to be honest I wasn't planning on parting the sploder out so soon but hey, if you want em pm me and I'll get back to ya when I have the chance.

anyways, here are the most recent pics of the truck in the condition its in right now..

now..

hypothetically, what if somebody was hypothetically removing exhaust bolts from a hypothetical 93 explorer 4.0 and hypothetically one of the bolts hypothetically snapped with some threads still in the manifold and block..hypothetically. What could be done to get the rest of the bolt out of the block.

hypothetically of course..

Last edited:

Rinny650

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, now "Demon" 347
Transmission
Automatic
Hypothetically you could cut the bolt off flush and hypothetically you could drill the bolt out and then hypothetically of course you could retap the bolt hole and hypothetically everything would be fine

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hypothetically you could cut the bolt off flush and hypothetically you could drill the bolt out and then hypothetically of course you could retap the bolt hole and hypothetically everything would be fine
well..unfortunately anything involving cutting really isn't an option I think. The bolt broke off deep in the manifold and the block (unless I'll still be able to pull the manifold off once I get all the other bolts out). SPEAKING of which, does anybody have any tricks they know of for this kinda thing other then breaker bars, taking off the rim and tire and going under the inner fender, or a series of wratchet extensions longer then the great wall of china? I've gotten TWO bolts out of the manifolds (one broke:annoyed:). Nothing I've been able to try with my piddly amount of tools has been able to cut it and so far the best idea I've come up with is take a sawzall to the frekkin thing and worry about getting headers later..

Rinny650

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, now "Demon" 347
Transmission
Automatic
Go to the parts store or hardware store and ask for a left handed drill bit. Usually that will screw whats left of the bolt out.

Rinny650

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, now "Demon" 347
Transmission
Automatic
Also if the bolt head is broken off then once you pull the other bolts out, the manifolds should just pull off. I broke a bolt off in the head of my 302 and I just left it in there

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hrmm..I might just do that. thanks man..I've still got 9 more to go (I got one out today YAHOO -_-). I got a check from a friend of mine for redoing the paint on the hood of his 97 caravan though so soon I'm gonna be looking for those spring lock coupling tools down at the napa or somethin. Hopefully all goes well with that. The latest pita connections that I'm dealing with are (1) the single wire connection that runs down along the back of the block and plugs into something on the top of the tranny (2) the fuel line that runs on the inside of the intake manifold and (3) what seems to be a sensor, located under the truck on the left side of the transmission but on the inside of the downpipe (kinda hard to fit a wrench in there..). Otherwise, things are rollin along mighty smoothlike.

Last edited:

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok, well..I guess its time for updates. No I haven't gotten the engine out YET, but I'm pretty dang close. The only thing left to disconnect is the transmission bell-housing bolts and then the engine mounts and she should lift on out. I did end up getting the rest of the exhaust manifold bolts out, it was actually kind of strange. Apparently, from what I can figure out, the tubing that comes off the air intake horn and attaches onto the passenger side exhaust manifold brought in air that somehow limited the heat exchange process for that side of the engine, because those bolts came out like they should have. All in all I have three bolts that I need to work on once the engine is actually out. I also need to find myself an engine hoist so I've been working on other things. Yesterday I disconnected all connections to the transfer case, wiring and mechanical. Unfortunately however the driveshaft bolts are metric and not imperial, and I don't have any metric so thats also a hitch in the road for me. Things are coming along however, so until next time.

Last edited:

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Last edited:

Rinny650

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, now "Demon" 347
Transmission
Automatic
Thats not the right one. The correct one will look like a clamshell sort of

BeefStew42791

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
great-_- but..it says a/c & fuel line spring lock coupling tool, and they didn't have the clam shell things your talking about. Hopefully I can make it work, cuz now I really am broke lol.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals