• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Took The Sploder Wheelin

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Took it wheelin at a atv/ohv park today. Burried it big time with the first hour being there. Took about 2 hours to get it out. It was a bottomless pit. Didnt look that bad wasnt any standing water or anything in it. Had to dig out around the fan about 3-4 times from the mud packed up in it and it started over heating and the winch was killing the battery. Had to pull a little and let it sit and charge the battery back up. Broke one of the "jeep" manual hubs. Also found a log burried in the hole and it jammed itself up into the fenderwell and stopped it from pulling out anymore. Hooked the come-a-long to it and got it broke off out of the way and finally got it out. Changed the hub and continued on.

Right when it sank

Started winching it

Broke hub

Hub pieces

Turned it into a wheel spacer

Log we dug up

Getting closer to getting out

Almost out

Finally made it out

The path

Changing the hub

Rode around some more and met up with a guy with a chevy on 44's and rode around with him a little and he wanted to try out that mud hole. He came in from the other side and made it about half way across then burried it to the axles. It broke axle in it also. Got it winched out for him.

His ruts

Then a fourwheeler came along and decided he was going to try it. Came in the same way I did an it didnt make it far at all.

Rode around some more and winched a fourwheeler out of the river that sucked in water and wouldnt spin over. Got the plug pulled out and spun it over to get all the water out for him and got it fired back up.

Then found another mud hole the big chevy tried in 3wd.

First try didnt make it far.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTEAKlXcE90

Got it winched out again and he tried it again with a little more speed and a little different angle. Made it out of the deep part and it shut off on him. I believe it would have made it apart if it wouldnt have shut off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbcBKFBv2X8

Got it winched out yet again and got it started back up and called it quits. Had a blast. Definitely gave the winch a workout and it never missed a beat. Definitely reccomend it to anyone looking for a winch.

CountryBoy78

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
That place looks like some fun. So the Ex did pretty good overall, any other parts break besides the hub? I got a 94 4 door Limited that I'm going to build this spring and summer. I like how yours looks mind if I barrow some of your ideas:D

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yea, I forgot I also broke a front axle on the same side also. Believe it broke at the same time the hub did. But thats all.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals