• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Baby Blue Beauty Build Thread

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So I decided that I have done enough to my truck to make a build thread so here goes...
Here she is about stock, all I have done is take the valence off. The tool box was installed by the PO

The came manual hubs after I thrashed the autos

Then I added 2in coil spacers

Fairly recently I got some mud tires

Last saturday I cut the fenders

I am going to bedline the bottom 1.5in from the front fender to the back including the rocker.
Also d some wheel studs (next time I will properly torque them) and screwed up my tone ring

I already replaced my studs
So next things I need to do is bedline the fenders and rockers, replace tone ring, fix one lug nut, replace bearing seal on front left, repack front right wheel bearings and prolly check the rears too.

My future plans include paying the rest of the truck off to my parents, mebbe a duff lift, build some bumpers, aquire some more tools, get a high lift, get a winch.
Even more long term so hopefully next summer is a cage, then for my senior project I want to find a donpr f150 for a 5.0 swap then when I regain some monies do a D44 and 9in swap.
After that I will be in the army most likly so ill leave it with my parents during basic and hopfully be able to get it to where ever I am stationed aftter that.
I would like to go on 60's when I'm out of the army and pick up a deisel full size for DD.
Anyways here are a few other random pics.

Also Im prolly going wheeling thursday so ill try to get some pics of that.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Their 11.5 wide bighorns in the back, its just cause i got a deal on them used.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hey so update, after cracking my block my truck has been sitting for about 3 weeks with the engine pulled, I am ordering a 94 3.0 ( OBD I ) out of Washington tomorrow and I will be installing that. I talked to my mech and he said they do that swap, all ya gotta do is take the harness and all of the original plugs and install them onto the new engine, and he said I might have to swap my intake manifold onto it as well.

After I get it running I need to get a ball joint job done, then I am working on getting an arc welder because a friend just came back into town after being gone for 3 years and he is a certified Mig Tig and stick welder, and he is gunna teach me the tricks of the trade so I can make some bumpers and sliders, and eventually and exo. It will also help when I SAS. anyways I will also be building a snorkel and either mounting some offroad lights or some different seat, we will see what Christmas brings.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thats a nice looking truck but I have to ask... where did you get 32x10.50R15's?
Wow I must have misunderstood that question back then, I got them used so I have no idea where he got the 10.5's from

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
can't wait to see the progress pics....

l8r, John

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea, driving into my driveway everyday is killing me seeing her just sittin there, especially without the engine it is like 1.5 inches higher in the front, looks darn sexy.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am bored so Im posting some random pics

Ugly Mug

This is a lot steeper than it looks, I want to go try it in the mud and snow when I get my truck fixed

Thats all I got on my photobucket

railman

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
This is a lot steeper than it looks, I want to go try it in the mud and snow when I get my truck fixed
yeah, please stick to mud and snow....and stay away from water.....

your engine will love ya for it.....:icon_thumby:

l8r, John

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Haha, the problem is there are several deep water holes on the way to this section of the mountain, thats why its getting a snorkel. I think my problem is that I usually go about 15 through them because I was by myself and I didnt want to get stuck, I need to trust my truck more. I havent gotten stuck with the new tires yet so I dont know their limits

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well I was doing some thinking and I was origionally planning a HP FW D44 swap this up coming summer, but I decided I am going to be a little smarter with my money and Pull a Slo-vo with the d35, cause I already have some money into it. The plan is, JD lift brackets, stonecrusher ext radius arms, either drop pitman arm or stonecrusher steering, and EB coils ( what size can I use with 3in drop brackets) and f-250 shock mounts ( already have some). Planning on Blistein shocks all around, chebbie 64in leaf swap out back with some belltech shackels, exploder 8.8. ( if I can find one with 410s and a LS then I will match the front, if not I will find some 4.88s.) I am going to cut some more fender and fit 35's. and eventually lockers.

If I think of anything else I will add later. Also I will be buying a welder eventually to build some bumpers and sliders, long time in the future I plan a tubebed/flatbed and an exo.

Any feedback would be great, and If you have any experience or insight with EB coild on ttb let me in on it.

Thanks, Ben

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
So I just payed for an engine today. It should get to my house next week. Im super happy

railman

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
congrats:icon_thumby::icon_thumby:

hope this one lasts longer than the last......:D

l8r, John

sohc86-06

April 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986 2wd ranger
Make / Model
ford ranger spo
Transmission
Automatic
sweet man keep us updated on the progress

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Its getting here monday, it will be going in as soon as I get it. And Im not going to wheeling untill I get the snorkel on which should be right after christmas. Actually there is a specific trail Im gunna hit before but NOWATER!!!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals