• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Photoshop Thread.

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You're welcome . . .

7.5L_STX

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
unnecessary
Transmission
Automatic

could you do the frame and hubs orange. and the swingarm, front rim and handlebars black and the plastics white?

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
ok, i've got a request... this i think is a little past my expertise... here is the tattoo on my arm, this is the best picture i have of it for what i want to see...

inside the tribal, i was thinking about getting it colored in, and there is 3 things i'm thinking... first, have it all colored in, dark red, almost a maroon, but not quite... with the current black shading (inside the tribal) still showing through, this can be done with a sharpie, but will take some time, so this is the least important to see on the picture...

the second one, which i don't think will look good, is blue and red, either top, or bottom blue, and the other red, and have it fade from one to the other in the middle, not sure which would look better, blue top, or red top... i'm not super keen on the blue/red combo just yet, but it might look good...

the third idea is to stick with a canadian theme, as i've always wanted something to identify me as canadian... so i was thinking the top red, a sharp fade to white or a beige in the middle, and red on the bottom, so it kinda resembles a sideways canadian flag, without the leaf... of course i don't want any hard edges from red to white, so some blending will be required, maybe over a 1" section each side... maybe less... 1/2"? not too sure...

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ok here is the Canadian colors - I hope this is what you were looking for. Not as hard as I expected it to be . . . if you still want the other colors done let me know.

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
that's awesome, thanks hazmat!

don't worry about the other ones, that gives me the look i'm looking for, i think i'm going to get that done when i get some money!

as for my work with photoshop, i can't do any more for the time being, my 30 day trial has expired, i tried a few things to see if i can extend it, not going to work, i've got one or 2 ways i might be able to get it working in a while, but it's hard to say...

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No problem weezl - glad you like it AND I want to see the finished tat when you get it done. I will try and get to the ATV later . . . now off to bed.

Tonka

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
Weezl, I think Hazmat's photoshop tat would look cool, however I'm not sure how long the red would stay that vivid in your skin. Hazmat, maybe you can de-saturate it a little, to look like the tattoo is 10 years old? It'd be easier for you to do it, you've got the PSD file still, probably.

I've thought about getting a bald eagle with an American flag behind it. I've been thinking about that for years, .... but recently decided it should be an "in memory of" type thing, with "1776-2009" in a banner across the bottom.

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I normally do not save the PSD files, but this one I did just in case I needed to do the other color requests. I have a few tats and what is worse is the white will fade out before the red. In fact some of my red is still great after 10 years, but this one has a lot of red . . . I can do that if weezl wants it . . . but I would have to add aged skin and some love handles - ROFL

Tonka

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
I normally do not save the PSD files, but this one I did just in case I needed to do the other color requests. I have a few tats and what is worse is the white will fade out before the red. In fact some of my red is still great after 10 years, but this one has a lot of red . . . I can do that if weezl wants it . . . but I would have to add aged skin and some love handles - ROFL
The aged skin shouldn't be a problem. Just get a picture of a silverback gorilla and copy the fur. :icon_rofl:

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Can someone shop a Powerdome hood on the B2?

Tonka

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
find a photo of a powerdome hood taken at the same angle

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
find a photo of a powerdome hood taken at the same angle
would it work if it was the opposite angle but flipped?

--weezl--

June 2011 OTOTM Winner
Law Enforcement
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hardy har har... f-u all! lol :finger: oh, and that's just a good angle, i've got love handles kinda... depends on how tight my pants are... i can definitely muffin top though... :(

if you want to do the other options with the tat, by all means, go for it! but i saw what i needed to see... if it fades ina few years, i can spend a few more dollars and get it touched up... it's a toss up if i want to finish the arm, fix my back, or start my leg right now... here's what i've got planned for the leg (my new leg piece, my first tattoo and other leg is pretty well perfect as it is...)

the other leg has the weezl on it

concept:

prototype in graphite (hand drawn on paper)

before shading:

as it is now (red is gone, it's not ink)

and my back (1930's 8 in a v symbol)

and while we're on the topic, this is when my arm got infected:

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
7.5L_STX: Sorry man for the delay, just wanted to find the time needed to do all the fine detail work with this one. Not what I would call my best, but works for a free chop to give you an idea.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals