• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

interchangable parts list

d1rtyharry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
If nothing is interchangeable with the drive shaft does anyone know where I can pick on up real cheap? all the parts stores are charging close to 250 for a new one. anything close to 100?

Colin

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Go to a junkyard.

BoostedGT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
89 2wd lowering springs work on my 85 2wd

twain32

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
rear end swap

I have a 87 ford ranger and its a 4wd and I have a 83 ford ranger 2wd, I was wondering if I can swap the rear end out and put the 83 rear end in the 87? alot of the part's switch over but I'm not sure about the rear end. Thanks in advance.

Colin

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
As long as all the mounting points line up and the driveshaft will mate up to the yoke then there should be no issues that I can see.

scrapper

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
1975 302
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
6+3
Tire Size
33/12.50/15
now with all this info it needs to be compacted into 1 easy to read list maybe divide it up by generations or parts. I would guess you would need to somehow check the knowledge as to being direct swap, swap with mods,extreme mods needed to fit. It maybe someone telling about something they read that was done not something they know as fact. That would be easy to make a list for each of the tech library sections? It is a great idea though and after reading though several posts I did notice some people disagreeing with each other. Just some ideas to help people when they are searching. I get a lot of hits then have to read a lot of stuff I don't need at the time. PITA if your working on your truck and want some quick info.
SO? is it possible to put a sport trak bed and a extended cab on a short bed, standard cab frame or would there need to be mods as frame cutting?

saskbill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 87 ford ranger and its a 4wd and I have a 83 ford ranger 2wd, I was wondering if I can swap the rear end out and put the 83 rear end in the 87? alot of the part's switch over but I'm not sure about the rear end. Thanks in advance.
Does the ratio in the 2wd match your front axle ratio in the 4wd?

Crimsin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am either going to put a step side on my 96 with 2000+ front facial. or a 2006 B series bed and front fenders on. The nice thing about the Rangers is there are a million different combinations you can do

s-petersen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
dome light

The 94 ranger supercab dome light(3 bulb) fits the 98 standard cab(2 bulb) with mod, the "spike" in the reflector needs to be removed.
Does anyone know if the older rectangular dome light fits the newer (94) trucks?

rudydavisson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Agreed

I think this would be a wonderful thing for us garage mechanics! I have an issue now where I have an 86 ranger and I need a driveshaft. They don't have them in the parts stores anymore. I could have one made if I had a small fortune, but I don't. All the rangers in the local junk yard are missing theirs or they won't work. It would be beneficial to know if say a bronco or explorer from the same year would interchange.

Kelson_w

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Ive read the tech articles and ive read all of the tread and im left puzzled. I have a 88 2.9L 4x4 ranger manual and i have a 01 4.0L 4x4 ranger auto (sohc), i want to swap engines the only question i have is can i use my manual trans and just up size the clutch? any insight or any issues with driveshafts etc would be greatly welcomed.

SenorNoob

TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5" Front + 4" Rear
Tire Size
245-70-R16
That should be possible, it's debatable how long the transmission will last though. (I did it with a 4.0 OHV.) Just make sure you have the right clutch and flywheel assembly.

red_ranger50

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0ohv
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.25in
Tire Size
Hey guys so I just spent a few hours searching. And I can't find what the "difference" is on the 96 ranger hood to the 2000 hood. Some guy said the sender curve of different another says its narrower and other people argue I kinda want to keep my grill and head lights and keep my 96 mcniel 10in flaired fenders too.ha also I'll be using hood pins and not the hood latch so can anyone tell me if I can fit the 2000 hood with my 96 ranger grill header panel and lights? Thanks in advance. I'm buying a new hood and wanted to get the power dome hood of I have to ill replace it all but I'd rather not yet.lol

g8tor38

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Can anyone tell me if a 2001 single cab ranger 3.0 auto tranny will fit in a 1999 extra cab with a 3.0

Colin

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals