• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

interchangable parts list

CrookedBumper

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If I’m swapping the grille and bumper out on a 96 to a 02 do I have to swap fenders and good as well?

Last edited:

Otis413

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Rear doors interchange

I have a few questions, I'll get right to the point.

What I Have:
2002 Ranger XLT, 4x4 off road, extended cab, 4.0 SOHC, auto trans. 230K miles. Body rust starting to be a problem. Runs fine, timing chain noise(?)..

What my neighbor has for sale: ($600.oo)
2004 Ranger Edge, 4x4, extended cab, 4.0 SOHC, auto trans, 88K miles, rusted out frame. some body rust. Runs great!

I searched the forums and read through this one but couldn't find a specific answer about the back doors interchanging between 2002 and 2004 models and the XLT vs Edge models (BTW, What makes an Edge an Edge?) some other web sites say they will, some say only 98-02 and 03 up interchange.

My back doors are badly rusted at the bottoms and only latch at the top, so, will the '04 Edge back doors fit on my '02 XLT? They look the same, or is there some subtle difference?

From what I've read the front doors will interchange..

I'm probably going to buy it anyway for the engine and trans (only 88K) but those back doors would really sweeten the deal!

Thanks in advance!

Otis

Last edited:

Otis413

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
.......snip....... the back doors interchanging between 2002 and 2004 models ..... some other web sites say they will, some say only 98-02 and 03 up interchange.........snip.......
Otis
Just an update, I got the '04 but I haven't started the swap yet. The back doors look identical in a side-by-side comparison, as does (aside from trim) everything else, except the hood, grill and that plastic, thing, under the bumper with the "fog" lights in it, whatever it's called, I think it's a deer magnet...

Sdude2008

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0 Flex
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31x10.5x15
1999 wondering if any front bumpers/valance are interchangeable? I'd like to use a 2003 front bumper with the valance that has the fog light holes.
Thanks.

saskbill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
the wiring harness section from the cab to the tail light harness, the long piece that runs alongside the frame is the same PN for all long bed trucks. extended cabs are different, as are short beds
had to ask at ford this week as po cut n spliced for trailer lights on my 88.
Sorry for the necro-post but I just saw this. Dav (or anyone else who knows) - any idea what the year range for the Cab-to-tail light harness (piece that runs down the frame rail) interchange is?

Got a 90 Ranger supercab with screwy cross-pollenation between brake lights, flashers, and rear turn lights. Checked/changed out rear lights, rear harness, multiswitch - not helping. Part of frame harness that sticks out to connect to the rear tailight harness (runs across back) was a mess that suggested part of an old rear harness had been grafted on (branch circuits and all -cut that part out but still having problems.

Figure the problem is somewhere in the part that runs back along the frame, but this seems hard to get at without removing the box - haven't done that yet so stalled at this stage.

HighMileage93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l I4
Transmission
Manual
Read all 10 pages and didn't see it....

Will a 95 Explorer hood work on a 93 Ranger. I quickly put a tape measure to it and side to side is the same, front to back is maybe and 1/8" off and hinges are real close. Thoughts?

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Read all 10 pages and didn't see it....

Will a 95 Explorer hood work on a 93 Ranger. I quickly put a tape measure to it and side to side is the same, front to back is maybe and 1/8" off and hinges are real close. Thoughts?
Did IT fit?

HighMileage93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l I4
Transmission
Manual
Haven't tried it yet. Waiting for better weather. I hope to try it soon. Searching and decoding Ford part numbers show that the hoods were grouped with Ranger/Bronco-II/Explorer.
Explorer hood F87Z-16612-BA
Ranger Hood F57Z-16612-A

1990ranger2.9l

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Just search for it. The question has be asked way more times than I can remember.
Though it's pretty simple, If it looks the same, it'll probably fit.
But one thing most don't know is all the body mounts are in the same places on all of em. Meaning, a 2010 body will bolt up to a 83 chassis.

Just search it. It's all there.
Your bull shitting right? Please tell me your lying imgoing to put a 99 or 09 on my 90

98Ranger04Mach

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Manual
I’m hearing things about how 2WD are oddly differ from any other. I have a 98 and can’t seem to find any info on what years interchange with it. I know a standard bed will work mostly any year. I do need one. But I’m also looking for a grille and possibly whatever else will fit on my 98 2WD. Couldn’t find any other info on here. Anyone have thought. Seems like I can only see 98-2000. Anyone else have differ thoughts on this?

Colin

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals