• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

"Ranger don't" list.

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
dont try to open the passenger door or window in a hurry with the center console/armrest down. u will leave your ribs there.

bigcountry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
dont take your 2wd ranger up a steep grassy hill after it rains. you wont make it to the top and you will do the truck moon walk tires going foward truck going backwards

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
dont take your 2wd ranger up a steep grassy hill after it rains. you wont make it to the top and you will do the truck moon walk tires going foward truck going backwards
I did that a lot once. There is a hill near my parents' house, ices almost every time it storms, and there is a stop at the top of it. you come to a complete stop and then start sliding back down the hill.

mn_smokeater

Firefighter
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.4L V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
oh boy what have i spawned here.
dont think that just because the ground looks flat enough to leave it in netural while you get out to open a gate dont mean it wont roll and leave you holding the rear bumper being dragged behind until you can dig in for traction.

Brandon12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988/91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9/4.0
Transmission
Manual
1). Dont forget to put up your tailgate after you load your truck with your nice tires after putting on your winter tires and then go drift in the snow. Then you might have to fight the bum you find rolling it down the road after if flies out and you dont notice til get home and you go back to find it...

2). Dont forget to tell the girls you like their skirts so they wear them around you and forget they are wearing them as they throw a leg up high to try and get in.

Last edited:

HOT_ROD_CAR

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
351 Cleveland
Transmission
Automatic
Don't forget how light the doors are before it slams shut in the wind and you end up picking glass out of your a$$ for months! :icon_rofl:

Anyone got a driver's side Ranger door glass? :D

erocka1982

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2). Dont forget to tell the girls you like their skirts so they wear them around you and forget they are wearing them as they throw a leg up high to try and get in.[/QUOTE]

you are the man!:icon_thumby:

akalogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
don't throw a full yard of top soil in your truck. That dirt is heavy. (I should have listen to the guy at the store.)

beaujt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
don't throw a full yard of top soil in your truck. That dirt is heavy. (I should have listen to the guy at the store.)
oh c'mon now. i've had like 1500 lbs in my truck bed of steel. my truck handled it just fine:D i'm pretty sure a full yard doesn't weigh that much

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
Don't over-inflate your tires trying to get better fuel mileage on a long trip. You will get to your destination 800 miles later and see that you have worn out half of the middle tread on your tires. :annoyed:

Mudhound

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Eaastern Ky- out in the woods ( literally)
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
173 and 331 CI
Transmission
Manual
Don't let your kids play "gas station" with it. I went to go see what was going on, since they were playing with my BII, and I was told that they were playing "Gas Station". Uh-huh. Did you guys check the oil? "yep, washed the windshield and put gas in it too." Gas? "yeah, from the water hose." So, I now have a "custom" drain plug in the BIIs' 23 gallon tank, thanks to the well meaningness of my children. :annoyed:

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
Don't let your kids play "gas station" with it. I went to go see what was going on, since they were playing with my BII, and I was told that they were playing "Gas Station". Uh-huh. Did you guys check the oil? "yep, washed the windshield and put gas in it too." Gas? "yeah, from the water hose." So, I now have a "custom" drain plug in the BIIs' 23 gallon tank, thanks to the well meaningness of my children. :annoyed:
:icon_rofl:Been there. I did the same thing to my dads lincoln when I was 5!:icon_rofl:

Dweano

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Speaking of dads, do not let them help on your projects! Haha, learned that the hard way. Also this should be common knowledge...but if the air impact starts chattering a bunch...lay off!
Make sure you ground your deck before you start the truck...once that magic blue smoke gets out. It ain't going back in.

Hopman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Speaking of dads, do not let them help on your projects! Haha, learned that the hard way.
QUOTE]

I respectfully disagree with you on that one. If you're dad knows more than you, ask him. You might learn something.

Don't ever let friends barrow your truck, espeaclly if it's your only vehicle. Tell the friend that you & the truck are a package deal. NO EXCEPTIONS! :icon_surprised:

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
dont try and teach a newb how to drive a stick with 4wd,with the doors off and in the mud.....

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals