• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 00rangerxltbadeng

1. HELP PLEASE

You were right. Dunno if it was clogged or bad but after changing the injector and the fuel filter, I feel like I have a new truck. The first mechanic lied through his teeth about the numbers and the bad engine/converters.
  2. HELP PLEASE

Update as of today———— I replaced fuel injector #1 as well as the fuel filter. Also hit it with some Lucas fuel injector cleaner. Runs like a freaking dream, so far. It has been a little over 20 miles and I have no CEL on, and no rough idle, and it doesn’t feel like it’s misfiring. Hooray...
  3. HELP PLEASE

Today’s update- I cleared the P0301 code after switching spark plug wires yesterday. Drove it maybe 3 miles and I get now P0301, P0305, and p0306. Obviously those wires weren’t the issue- I’m going to switch the two wires back and test the coil pack itself. I’m a bit stumped as to why I’m still...
  4. HELP PLEASE

We did find out that the spark plug wire for the 1&3 were switched. So now they are in the right order. I’m going to clear the P0301 code and drive it around to see if that was the issue for the misfire.
  5. HELP PLEASE

No, for time sake I had a different mechanic do it for me, and he ran the test a couple times on the 1st to ensure accuracy since the first guy said it was at 85. Each time it read 145,150,145 and I personally saw it.
  6. HELP PLEASE

**update** Just got done with a compression test... looks like mechanic #1 gave me bad information. All cylinders tested between 145-160 psi.
  7. HELP PLEASE

Amazing. Thank you so much for the information, even if it’s basic knowledge for some.
  8. HELP PLEASE

Okay. I will do that first... are the numbers going to tell me if it’s just a clogged injector?
  9. HELP PLEASE

Okay, I will definitely do a compression test both ways and post results. I’m going to rent the tool myself since I got quoted over $100 to perform it. But My money is also on a single cylinder issue... my next question would be then if it is a leaking valve or a blown gasket- what then are...
  10. HELP PLEASE

I had the mechanic do the compression test and according to what they said they appeared to only test cylinder #1. I don’t feel like there’s a dead miss. I only notice a bit of a rough idle.... and there’s only just the code, no other pending codes or anything
  11. HELP PLEASE

Thank you so much for the info. I will call a different mechanic and get them to do a relative test and a wet test. Does anyone happen to know a decent mechanic here in San Diego, CA that could do that?
  12. HELP! P0301 code

Hi everyone, I just bought my first ever Ford project truck and was pumped to find a great deal on a 2000 ranger xlt sport with 4.0L rebuilt engine. The seller told me there were a little over 60k miles on the rebuilt engine, no problems/leaks with engine, no check engine light..... well he...
  13. HELP PLEASE

I also know that I have a seriously bad hose, possibly the PCV but I’m not sure what hose it exactly is... I can show a pic if you’d like, but would something as simple as a hose in this bad of shape be a cause for the misfire code?
  14. HELP PLEASE

I was kind of thinking it was odd that there’s only one code and no pending codes but was told my engine was bad without it driving terrible as well. The mechanic said that he’s not “as sure” with the engine being bad as he won’t known until he opens it up to see if the head is cracked but knows...
  15. HELP PLEASE

*p0301

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad