• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 09fx4guy

1. 09fx4guy

2009 ranger xl 4wd smoother ride?

Scotts90ranger is right, if they are too cranked, the ride leaves a lot to be desired. The torsion bars you have now are the medium level. F is the weakest, B is the mid grade, and #1 is the stiffest. It may not even be a bad idea to look into a set of replacement torsion bars depending on the...
  2. 09fx4guy

Trakmotive extended CV axles

I kind of figure that stock length would be ok , but I was just curious to know how they are reviewed. It seemed that they are stock length, but with the ability to slide as needed. Honestly, in my case, its probably one more thing to go wrong on me.
  3. 09fx4guy

Trakmotive extended CV axles

Good Morning Everyone, I am going to be replacing my CV axles soon and had come across the Trakmotive extended CV's on Rockauto. https://www.trakmotive.com/products/automotive-cv-axles/xtended-travel/ Has anyone ever used them? I am only running a relatively stock suspension (pre key mod &...
  4. 09fx4guy

Bilstein Shock Question

Sgtsandman- You are correct, I used all Ford parts to achieve my goal in the front. (2007 and earlier keys and #1 bars). I would say that I have lifted the front 2" from where it sat from the factory on the 2009 model. I know that Ford had lowered the truck in 2008 with the new keys, so I figure...
  5. 09fx4guy

Bilstein Shock Question

Blmpkn- I wouldn't think it would have much effect, but I know the way the shock mounts on the control arm it would slightly increase the necessary length. Sgtsandman- I had looked into that. According to Rockauto, the same parts for the 2007 fit the 2009. I figured that they would not bottom...
  6. 09fx4guy

Bilstein Shock Question

Good Morning Everyone! Apologies in advanced for the long post. It's that time of year where it is just warm enough to start projects. I have to do some front end work and will be posting some questions as time goes by. The main one for today is regarding shocks. I have read up a bit on the...
  7. 09fx4guy

has anybody purchased Mazda torsion bars?

I do agree with you, however I would think more people would need them as these vehicles get older and their suspensions need to be rebuilt. It's not an add on like tail light guards or something. With the way that planned obsolescence is built into cars nowadays, its just sad.
  8. 09fx4guy

Sadly they are nowhere to be found. I think enough people got the same idea. Here's hoping the aftermarket will catch up and make a replacement. I would imagine with the MILLIONS of Rangers / Mazda B series sold over the years someone will step in.
  9. 09fx4guy

I am going to do that first thing this morning. Will report back this evening.
  10. 09fx4guy

Go figure, the one time in my life I am late for something. I've been to busy working and repairing my other vehicles to focus on my Ranger. I'm going to try my luck at finding these. I can't for the life of me figure why Ford would only discontinue the passenger side #1 bar. ekrampitzjr-...
  11. 09fx4guy

02 4x4 torsion bar “insulator” pads

This is one of the things on my list of stuff I need to find for my 09. Mine have not fallen apart yet but the metal backing has separated. I am going to do some research as well.
  12. 09fx4guy

Air tools.

I still use some of my dad's air tools: impact gun, cutoff wheel, air chisel, etc. I do it sparingly because we live in the suburbs and have neighbors close by. It can get pretty noisy. The battery technology is improving so much, air tools are quickly becoming obsolete. Ok, maybe not obsolete...
  13. 09fx4guy

How much discount selling to family?

I don't like selling vehicles to people I know because it usually results in nothing but problems. But it's whatever you feel like doing. If you and your kid brother are close, and he's into trucks, then maybe go with bottom end of market value. If the truck is worth 5k, and you are into it for...
  14. 09fx4guy

Please elaborate on what you use to prevent seized brake drum

You have described my version of hell. I am usually turning the wrong way at first, then realize when it gets tight that I goofed. Then spend more time than necessary upset at the truck and my stupidity. Then I turn it the right way for what feels like an eternity, and get the drums off. I...
  15. 09fx4guy

2011 Ford Ranger Pickup Grey RWD Automatic SUPER CAB

I would be curious to know if he ends up getting that much for it. It is a fairly plain jane XLT that is only RWD, not even 4x4 or something super rare.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad