• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 1984RESTOMOD

1. 1984RESTOMOD

Driveline Fitment

Small tab broke off in shipping - I would have cut it off anyhow. Front shaft line looks a lot better now as well
  2. 1984RESTOMOD

Driveline Fitment

I’ve got the mechanical Speedo tail housing. Just bolted it up to see if it was worth changing still
  3. 1984RESTOMOD

Driveline Fitment

BW4406 does in fact fit in 83-88 frame
  4. 1984RESTOMOD

School me on driveshafts

Where does shaft diameter fit in the conversation? Aluminum or steel?
  5. 1984RESTOMOD

School me on driveshafts

1984 single cab long bed frame with D35 and 8.8 flat flange. 302>ZF5>BW4406. What vehicles will have a compatible driveshaft and if none where do I measure from to get one made?
  6. 1984RESTOMOD

Glittery oil

Do I just keep flushing this damn thing til the dipstick comes out clean then change filter and oil? Got my drill on 2 running half speed rotating through batteries. Have been going for half hour or so
  7. 1984RESTOMOD

Glittery oil

Picking up a bottle of motor flush, oil filter, case of beer and filler for my left hand cigrit on the way home today. May the games begin and the most persistent prevail :icon_cheers:
  8. 1984RESTOMOD

Glittery oil

I need time to lick my wounds for sure.
  9. 1984RESTOMOD

Glittery oil

Safe to say i’m not going to make it to the TRS event this year :ROFLMAO:
  10. 1984RESTOMOD

Glittery oil

I’m going to sub this out to a professional with more time on their hands for a task like this. What should I expect to spend for a rebuild ballpark?
  11. 1984RESTOMOD

Glittery oil

Motor is past warranty so it's up to me now. Where to start :unsure: I am not opposed to doing this myself but with basic understanding of motor function and lack of in person teacher I don't want to make my situation worse by looking over something detrimental.
  12. 1984RESTOMOD

Glittery oil

What about all the now oil soaked metal dust on the valve springs? Will that not introduce even more into the passageways?
  13. 1984RESTOMOD

Glittery oil

Not one to assume but best to assume they didn’t do jack shit and tear this down to ensure I don’t ruin this motor. What are first steps? Pull motor and open the drain plugs then start cleaning and flushing w oil?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad