• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 1994_4x4

1. Burning oil

My 1994 4.0L with less than 80,000 miles burns exactly 1 quart of 5w30 Motorcraft oil every 3000 miles. Other than that everything is fine on the entire truck. Should I run a thicker oil? I thought about running 5w40 or 10w40.
  2. How quick can you un-install TTB 1-2in leveling setup.

How quick can you un-install a TTB 1-2in leveling setup? (Where you just shim the coil) I apologize for this being a simple minded question. I was just wondering if anyone has got this down to a exact science. I'm planing on running small tires in the summer and 31's in the winter and was...
  3. Diesel engine swap candidates.

With the exception of the 4BT and the Ford Ranger OEM diesel engines, what are the other diesel candidates out there? Is a small CAT diesel in a Ranger unheard of? VW engines?
  4. Cold air intake. Before & after.

The cold air intake was a success. Approximately 360 degrees of plumbing was removed, the intake has a straight shot to the throttle body. This also eliminated multiple restrictions: hot air valve, deteriorating pre-filter plumbing, intake air muffler, etc. I'm sure the increased filter size...
  5. Forged vs. Cast wheels results.

I recently purchased a Forged Alcoa wheel as a spare. I decided to weigh the wheels to see if there was any weight difference between a cast aluminum wheel and a forged aluminum wheel of the same size. The wheels used were both OEM Ford Ranger wheels. The cast wheels came from my 1994. The...
  6. Both coil packs fire at what RPM?

From what I understand both coil packs fire only once the engine reaches a certain RPM. I apologize in advance if I missed this in the tech library. I've been taching it up around 3000 RPM and it seems as though it's helping my engine warm up, I don't know if this is from both plugs firing.
  7. Miss fire problem solved. Finally.

Hopefully this will help others. The truck has been miss firing since I bought it a year ago. I've done a full tune up, intake cleaner, injector cleaner, among other things. It was a 90 degree vacuum elbow off of what I believe is a emissions device of some nature . It now purrs like a...
  8. What is this?

I can name every part and tell you what it does on this truck. Besides this...
  9. Winter cover done.

PM for pictures.
  10. Is SAS possible, while maintaining OEM ride height

Well I already have a D30HP w/ matching gears. So I guess I have a start. It has the smaller U-Joints & CAD. But I'm ok with that, I'm looking at doing a D30HP or D35TTB as a build up/project with no time frame. I live for this stuff.
  11. Is SAS possible, while maintaining OEM ride height

What about a D35TTB? 1000 bucks?
  12. Is SAS possible, while maintaining OEM ride height

My understanding was if I got a Dana 30 I could just build it up. Convert it to locking hubs, put the 4.10s in it, locker, etc. Kind of the route I'll probably end up taking with a D35TTB. I go off road, in fields, fishing, etc. I avoid mud! Mostly I'd use it for snow storms which I can't...
  13. Is SAS possible, while maintaining OEM ride height

Fuel economy and a D-30 has a nice selection of aftermarket locking difs. The little 2.3 is doing me great on fuel. I'm most likely just going to swap in a D35TTB. I was wondering on a scale of 1-10 how hard this would be. 1 being easy, 10 being impossible. It sounds like a 9. If it was a...
  14. Is SAS possible, while maintaining OEM ride height

Is a solid axle swap possible, while maintaining a OEM ride height (and rims and tires). Every SAS I've seen seems to lift the truck up several inches, curious if the OEM look is possible.
  15. Rough running engine cured with throttle body cleaning.

The engine would run rough and have a low idle speed around 500 RPM. It wouldn't do this coasting down the road in idle, only when the truck wasn't moving. So I removed the intake tube to the throttle body and cleaned the throttle plate (both sides) with a hard bristle toothbrush and brake...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad