• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 1996xlt

1. 1996xlt

2000 Ranger XL Supercab driver seat swap issue.

Don't know if the 00' have the seatbelt pre-tensioners built in to the buckles but my 02' did; my work around was mount the buckle directly to the hinge point of the 96' explorer leather buckets on manual tracks I put in it. I had to open up the hole very slightly with a 1/2" drill bit (it was...
  2. 1996xlt

Highschool shop class, did you have one?

Wood Shop and off-site Vo-Tech that offered masonry, introductory HVAC, welding, small engine repair and body shop was available through my school system in 02' when I graduated. All thats left (I think) through the Vo-tech school now is HVAC and small engine. Wish I took body shop in high...
  3. 1996xlt

Changing 2000 Explorer cruise control buttons

You're on the right track with prying them out, sounds like a couple of prongs on the backside of the switch: https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/threads/2000-limited-cruise-control-switches.414116/ Post #4 Hope that helps.
  4. 1996xlt

My New House & Workshop

Jim, After reading through this thread and seeing what you're going through with your shop I can't help but think I'm going the right route with mine. I have a similar building as you, though not as big, all cinderblock on a concrete pad. I considered for a while rehabbing it, but between the...
  5. 1996xlt

'98 4x4- How to replace lower ball joints without messing with torsion bars?

Removal of the lower ball joints (once the steering knuckle is off) is actually quite easy; remove the snap ring (if it has one) just hit in the center of it with a hammer. As long as it's not rust-ceased in place they usually pop out after a few good hits and with the torsion bar still in place...
  6. 1996xlt

1995 F-150 Mild Build Thread

Well I may be parting ways with this truck in the near future due to a deal too good to pass up; a near perfect all original 1974 F250 Ranger that my wife’s friend is selling. Unfortunately you can’t keep em’ all! Edit: She gone!
  7. 1996xlt

1995 F-150 Mild Build Thread

Few updates to the truck: -Passed inspection! -New battery/Alternator earlier this year -Another new temp sensor because it was stuck in "warm-up" with the old one and kept flooding causing a no-start. All is well now. -Replaced oil pressure sensor over this past weekend (showing below the "L"...
  8. 1996xlt

Will 31 10.50 x 15 fit on my 2001 Sport Trac 4x4

Keep your stock rims and go with a 265/70 tire, once you air down that inch in rim width will be negligible. Also, you may need to trim the bottom of the fender plastic where it meets the inner wheel well as it could rub at full lock.
  9. 1996xlt

My 95 F-150 build.

Just curious will the stock ECU run the 5.8 or did you keep that as well?
  10. 1996xlt

Anyone know anything about a '64 Comet?

Interesting..... I found this thread and thought it might be helpful: https://www.fordmuscleforums.com/threads/trans-mount.513206/
  11. 1996xlt

Anyone know anything about a '64 Comet?

As far as I can tell the transmission cross-members and rubber bushings are interchangeable between the two (based on mustangs of the same vintage.) That mount you have pictured puzzles me...is it part of the shifter assembly?
  12. 1996xlt

What am I missing from '99 Mountaineer center console?

Can confirm with @snoranger my 96' Explorer had it as well. When my mom owned it she used it all the time and found a tissue box refill at a local pharmacy; I used it to hide my iPod cord run from the back of the aftermarket head unit, under the console and out through the tissue slot.
  13. 1996xlt

Old Subject - New Inquiry: 2003 Ranger Edge Seat Upgrade

At a minimum you may have to make some sort of adapter bracket from the seat base to the existing seat tracks which would require some welding. IIRC my brother used similar seats in his Explorer that required some light fabrication to make fit.
  14. 1996xlt

2002 Ranger Edge 4x4 Lift Identification and Tire Size Questions?

Good looking truck! 32''s should fit easily on your truck, but you may need to trim the flares on bottom of the fender to keep them from rubbing at full lock.
  15. 1996xlt

What was your 1st car?

Correct it doesn't have them, fore/aft side markers didn't start until 68'.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad