• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 19Walt93

1. Introduction

Welcome aboard. For those who didn't read the book, Tanstaafl is an acronym for There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.
  2. Because I know you like the Cybertruck....

That thing is homelier than a bag of toenails without the tent on the back, and the tent doesn't improve it's looks.
  3. carb kit questions...

I've seen a lot of guys get in trouble with part numbers that were close but not the same. Breaking it down, the "D" identifies the 70's, "D7" indicates 77, the "Y" I believe means the part isn't model specific- a Pinto/Mustang II part would have an "F" in the 3rd spot, an LTD would have an "A"...
  4. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I keep some on hand and get a replacement tube when it gets low. So far I've bought it from the dealer but that may change, the dealer I worked for has changed ownership twice since 2017 and their new parts manager has a GM background and can't find his backside with both hands.
  5. Duraspark II help

It's Gary Baum's company, I see him every year at Carlise and often buy Mustang II parts from him. I don't suspect he has a website. Try secondgenerationmustang@comcast.net or 717-945-4409 or 717-656-3891.
  6. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Amazon has it. Our Carquest also stocks Motorcraft.
  7. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I use the gray Motorcraft silicone, it's way better than most of the other sealers.
  8. Duraspark II help

Another possibility is to check with Mustang II vendors like Second Generation Mustang in Pa. I'd probably try one of those new ones first and hope a U.S. resident didn't have to pay the 20% "value added tax".
  9. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

I put the insurance back on my truck today. Once I wash off the winter's dust I'm going to drive it. I want to pull the dash bezel off and repaint it but that'll be after the ride.
  10. It is here; let us begin

Asuming it's a V6, there will be a drain plug on each side located below the freeze plugs with an allenhead , hex head, or a square. A 93 would use the green ethylene glycol coolant. Distilled water is cheap- about $1.25 a gallon at Walmart here- and tap water usually has stuff in it that you...
  11. It is here; let us begin

I've never flushed a cooling system with the engine running. Drain the radiator, pull the block drains and remove both heater hoses. Flush water through the heater core backward then forward- the water flows from the engine, through the core, and back to the water pump, in case you didn't know...
  12. It is here; let us begin

Look everything over, you'll probably see other things that need attention.. I'd add replace brake hoses to your list. I second the opinion about your truck being a good starting point, especially because it isn't rusty. Up here we pay an awful price for road salt and repairing rust makes...
  13. Improving spark, Upgraded Ignition Coil VS. OEM Equivalent

With the emissions requirements and pressure to deliver more mileage, the factory ignition is already "upgraded" and more won't gain much if any improvement. A Motorcraft coil will have the correct resistance along with known good quality. Motorcraft plugs will be the exact correct heat range...
  14. Total eclipse

We were about 95% here. My wife and I took my welding mask over to the neighbors and we passed it around. At max coverage the light was eerie- kind of yellowish. The temperature dropped noticeably, too.
  15. Total eclipse

We'll be 93-95% and the Northern part of the state will be 100%. The news is advising people to not stop in the middle of the road if they're driving when it gets dark, I wish it wasn't necessary to tell people that.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad