• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 1pokeyRanger

1. oil Gauge

Hey my oil gauge wiggs out sometimes at idle - flickering up and down rapidly. If I give it a little gas it smothes out fine. Ideas?
  2. Wierd thump... & Out of Ideas.

So my 2000 4x4 3.0 auto makes two thumps when starting from a stop and accelerating. One about 3mph, one about 7mph. Won't do it when it's cold outside untill the truck warms up 15-20 min. Won't do it in 4x4. Feels like it's from the rear axle - but my Bro though it could be a motor mount. I...
  3. XL rear speaker wire location

I have a 2000 XL Supercab. Did Ford run the wires for the rear speakers and hide them or in an XL are they just not there and I need to run my own?
  4. Dana 70 TTB?!?

I used a Dana 70U from a F350 in my Jeep CJ swap. It had the different nuts (lug) you are talking about. It was also from the '70's. The stud itself had a "L" stamped on it. The U in the 70U stood for "undersize" on the pinon nut from what I understand.
  5. 8.8 explorer swap - disc vs. drums Q?'ss

Is this correct? : 1) the drum axle is good for e-brakes a direct hookup & the brake lines are the same. 2) the disc are better, but the e-brake is a bitch & I don't know about the brake lines. 3) I can take a driveshaft from either Explorer and it's a direct swap to my 2000 Ranger. I've...
  6. $2000 swap?

So to the Guru's: I have a 2000 ranger 3.0. If I can get this 2000 Exploder 5.0 AWD for $2,000 complete and running with 140k miles is it worth it? I'd use the axles, wheels and entire drivetrain. Or should I piece it together over time?...
  7. Flippin C.E.L.

So I've had this truck about 6 weeks. The CEL will come on and off once per fill up. Take it to AutoZone for the OBD. It always says EGR fault. I've taken the EGR off and cleaned it, replaced the gasket, & it seems to move freely. The EGR is about $80 bucks and this EGR position sensor thing...
  8. Newbie 3.0 swap ?'s

Newbie surfin the site for a couple weeks.. Good info! Have a couple questions. As known the 3.0 is a dog. I use the 2000 Ranger (new to me ) for work, do about 30k miles year. I carry 300-500 pounds in the truck at all times with a topper. Found an Explorer 2000 Explorer for cheap and was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad