• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 2ranger87

1. 2ranger87

96 Explorer 4.0 No Spark

Good to know about the shield wire. Makes sense that it would be wrapped in a foil tape as well. This is where it gets weird though. That voltage of 1.5 volts was a DC measurement, did it again at AC and came up with 2.5 volts. Both ac and dc were measured on each terminal with one probe on a...
  2. 2ranger87

96 Explorer 4.0 No Spark

Thanks for the info RonD. I'll try an inline tester for the plugs, and test the ground wires on the coil pack. I did recheck for codes, but none so far. What is the purpose of the "floating ground" in the crank sensor harness? With the key on, should there be voltage at both terminals?
  3. 2ranger87

96 Explorer 4.0 No Spark

Ya I tried the ether thing...no go. I did verify no spark by testing at the plug. I couldn't locate the starter relay ( i'll have to do some research, it's not in the main distribution box). I did disconnect the trigger wire from the solenoid, and coil has power in both on, and crank position.
  4. 2ranger87

96 Explorer 4.0 No Spark

I did a search through past posts, and couldn't find anything that was helpful in my case, so here goes... I have a 96 Explorer that has had an intermittent no start for years. Lately it has been getting worse, and up till now, it always started after several attempts. Now it will not start at...
  5. 2ranger87

96 Explorer 4.0 intermittent no start

Kinda mind boggling........Never seems to be consistent. My wife drives this '96 as a DD, and lately it has been having this starting issue. At times it will start right up, and other times it will take several attempts at cranking to start. Does not seem to make a difference cold or hot...
  6. 2ranger87

T/case conversion question

My '91 has the 1354"E" transfer case on it with the 35 front diff in it and I want to convert it to a manual t/case. Since the 1350 manual t/cases are readily available (I have a pile of them) i'd like to use one of those. My question is, if there is a front d/shaft that will bolt in without...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad