• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 390Fastback

1. 2.8l to 2.3 swap

OK, I've searched and searched and found some info on this, but not everything I need. I have an 84 Ranger 4x4 with the 2.8 and 5spd and the 2.8 isn't sounding to good lately. I have a line on a 2.3 turbo and 5spd out of an 88 Turbo Coupe and was thinking this would be a cool swap. I've found a...
  2. Duraspark concersion coil wiring question

So I've got it all done, can get it started and when it does start it runs better than it ever has under my ownership. BUT.....no spark on start. I have spark on run obviously but that's it. I found the brown w/pink that has 12V power in start but nothing in run, then I found a red with no trace...
  3. Possible head gasket leak?? Looking for advice

I picked up my 84 Ranger 4x4 in the fall and finally have it running. But its blowing white smoke. I'm guessing its burning coolant, but if the head gasket was leaking would I not see bubbles in the rad? Theres no oil on the coolant nor is there water in the oil? Thoughts and advice appreciated...
  4. newb from saskatchewan

Just grabbed an 84 4x4 to use as a beater for the winter. Was a plow truck in its former life, probably why the clutch is done..... Anyway, price was right - FREE!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad