• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 600$04Ranger

1. 600$04Ranger

Inner tie rod boot clamp

How do I get the new clamp on the boot where it slides on to the rack? I'm thinking of just using zip ties. Been driving around with boots not clamped in place. It's a tight reach to get those clamps secured and I don't do yoga! Anyone have that problem too? Should I just leave them?
  2. 600$04Ranger

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Made it take me up to our first big snowthis year to get donuts:) A couple months ago I payed a muddy donut down at work and covered two 1997 F-250's that my boss owns in mud. Pissed him off real bad. Oops. So I sent him this pic with the text attached that said " you know how much I love...
  3. 600$04Ranger

DIY alignment vs. shop alignment

Fair enough! Figured there was a way given the right math and some experimentation. Maybe one day I'll delve just for the challenge and to make my head hurt:) Maybe......
  4. 600$04Ranger

crazy old man with a car addiction

Do you have a build thread or more pictures of your ride? That engine looks bad ass. Clean and I'll bet it sounds great to! Anyway, just admiring your work!
  5. 600$04Ranger

I've spent enough time under my truck to experience some of the hazards of car repair. Getting showered with mud, crud, grease hail is no fun and even with eye protection it can end up trapped under your eyelid. At this point my drivetrain and everything under the truck has been fairly deep...
  6. 600$04Ranger

What about using one of these nifty laser levels? I imagine you could park the vehicle on a level surface and aim it at specific points on the tire or wheels and then use those points to find the angles that are necessary to make appropriate adjustments. Probably a step up from string at least?
  7. 600$04Ranger

I was probably using the string wrong or the wrong kind of string but I always got annoyed by the stretch factor. When fractions of an.inch is the difference between in spec and out of spec it's easy to see why the alignment shop is a wise choice.
  8. 600$04Ranger

I'm gonna take it in as is and see what they say. If I don't need any adjustments the charge will be minimaI and I can spend my time on other projects like building a new sleeping platform and insulating my canopy. I rotated the tires today and cleaned a ton of mud from under the truck since I...
  9. 600$04Ranger

Good advice! I was just about to rotate the tires to see what kind of effect that has on noise and handling. I'll keep my alignment appointment too and the peace of mind that it was done right instead of being unsure or actually not getting it right and driving myself nuts.
  10. 600$04Ranger

[Send help]Timing assistance 4.0 camshaft

Fordtechmakuloco on YouTube has a thorough video on your engine. Not the only tutorial but the best one I could find.
  11. 600$04Ranger

Recently replaced driver's side upper control arm (Motorcraft), inner and outer tie rods(Motorcraft inner and Moog outer). Replaced the passenger side upper control arm about 6 months ago, the lower ball joints (both Motorcraft) but not the control arm bushings 3 months ago, and switched the end...
  12. 600$04Ranger

Need help diagnosing my 8.8 28 spline open differential

After a little more research I found a few helpful vids about inspecting, disassembling, and rebuilding axles and differentials. Realizing that the condition of my gears are, like you said, a little worn but far from damaged. There can be play in the carrier caused by slight wear on the pin or a...
  13. 600$04Ranger

p0171, p0174 - but it is NOT what you think.

I think you're one heck of a good friend to have! Really enjoyed reading your post since I have basically the same truck and although I currently have no codes or any issues I know it's only a matter of time. The 3 O2 sensors was kind of funny. Which of the 4 O2 sensors was missing? An upstream...
  14. 600$04Ranger

Need help diagnosing my 8.8 28 spline open differential

Just finished replacing my axle bearings and seals because I thought they needed it. Had the wheels and drums off the other day to inspect both my drum brakes and the axle. The truck has 220,000 miles on it and as far as I know the gears and bearings are all original. It was a grease caked mess...
  15. 600$04Ranger

No start after timing chain replacement

That's a bummer! I pulled mine 4 times before getting everything right. Almost gave up after number two but I'm stubborn and didn't like the idea of walking away defeated. There's a channel on YouTube that does a pretty solid tutorial on the timing repair. But it sounds like you already know...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad