• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 86freebie

1. 86freebie

8.8 axle lengths?

i just put a 8.8 rear end in my 86, had driveline built, all is great cept the donor vehicle was a total that one axle (drum plate, axle is strait) was very slightly bent and just want to order one. the problem is the donor had no door tags or anything to verify year. it did have a ifs front...
  2. 86freebie

playing in the very slick lakebed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUJinF03-kI
  3. 86freebie

u-joints 6 in 20,000 miles. HELP

I have an 86 ranger (3 inch body lift so all u-joint angle are factory) and 32 inch tires. This is driven twice a week (160 miles) to work and back, then very minor wheeling. all three back drive line u-joints go out at about the same time, not breaking just "drying up, the little bit of grease...
  4. 86freebie

playin in deep water and mud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDJGQvwkKco nothing special just having some fun. lake county search and rescue did catch up to me and a guy in a jeep to help pull a stuck f-250 off a hillside (i had the winch, the jeep was my anchor ). they wanted to leave him but knew they would get the phone...
  5. 86freebie

9 inch brakes

i dont think cheap and convert are in the same conversation on this one. maybe fab something from junkyard parts. i would just leave alone and run with the stock drums.
  6. 86freebie

axle swap to explorer will brakes work fine (drum to disc)

i just got my 8.8 rear end. it is probably 2 to 3 months away from getting in.( wrong gears and open) but my question is will i have brake problems going from drum to disc or will they work. anybody that has done this, please advise what you had to do. or did not have to do. found answer in...
  7. 86freebie

keep blowing center u-joint in rear driveshaft

oh by the way, this truck is not a thrasher. i drive it like i am 44 and want it to last fore ever. no real wheelin YET. i got the truck roughly 6 months ago and after about a month had to change the center u-joint.i did change them all with napa heavy dutys that are greasable. the guy i got...
  8. 86freebie

Safari Pacific MX2 Build

awesome dude. and 10,000 kudos to anyone doing there own work. going to be great. but "To drive around the world" get bigger tires. i know those wont float. :)
  9. 86freebie

8.8 31 spline explorer rear end disc brakes

well i am getting the explorer rear end and doing all the work myself. replaceing the stock 7.5. hopefully the gears are the correct 3.73 does not matter, going to at least 4.10 or hopefully 4.56. but at least if 3.73 i can drive untill i can afford 4.?? gears. i will keep you guys informed with...
  10. 86freebie

got the winch

sorry this was accident
  11. 86freebie

1986 ranger realistic plans

1st of all. THANK YOU JORLEY for getting my pics in my post :stirthepot: this is the start, unfortunately most of what i am going to do wont be seen. :3gears: i have already made a free flow air intake that i will make a snorkel through the hood for. but other than that, going to get a 9000#...
  12. 86freebie

open air intake

i went to the local autozone and picked up some intake "stuff" for the rice burner's and made it work with my 2.9. all i can say is WOW. with 218000 miles on her totaly stock as far as i know. she will start to spin my 32x11.5 bfg all terrain's (yes the l/s still works in the rear and 3.73). i...
  13. 86freebie

dual to one piece drive line swap

i just got an 86 ranger, the center u joint froze and ruined the yoke on the slip part of the long drive line. i read that you can do the drive line swap to a single drive line with minor mods. then at the bottom it says my year you need to "if you own a '83-'89 Supercab model, this swap can...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad