• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 91BiggieGreen

1. 1991 4.0L Head gaskets/Heads

Will be getting back to the truck monday to clean the block and gasket surface. I'm trying to convince myself that with 110~psi compression check results that ill be safe to rebuild the top end with fresh heads and be safe. Can anyone recommend a supplier for fuel injectors?
  2. 1991 4.0L Head gaskets/Heads

Confirmed cracked head.....also no cross hatches can be seen on the cylinder walls.....thinking a rebuild is in order....really wasn’t looking at pulling the engine but I’m afraid it’s the right thing to do at this point
  3. 1991 4.0L Head gaskets/Heads

Yea I’m prepared to replace them? Any suggestions of a source? New or remanufactured?
  4. 1991 4.0L Head gaskets/Heads

Needing some opinions Did some prediagnosing on my suspected 4.0l head gasket issue. Just to see what I’m getting into and what to expect -Did the glove test confirmed inflation and head gasket leak -pulled each spark plug and found when no.1 plug is pulled glove won’t inflate (also water is...
  5. 1991 4.0L Head gaskets/Heads

Also going to be doing the glove test just to be sure first followed by a compression check of each cylinder. But judging by the white smoke at startup im fairly certain of the head gaskets.
  6. 1991 4.0L Head gaskets/Heads

Little back story on my 4.0L years back I over heated the engine which eventually lead to a very small head gasket leak. Replaced gasket checked head with a straight edge and went on with life, a couple thousand miles later and I REALLY overheated the engine to the point the radiator cap blew...
  7. 91 ranger fender flare help

ok guys ive got a 91 ranger and i really want a bolt on look without cutting metal and all bushwacker makes is a cut out bolt on appearance any suggestions or ideas?
  8. Help/opinion needed!

ok i have a 91 4.0 ranger with 35x12.50s, i have 4.56 gear ratio in the rear end and love the ratio i have excellent acceleration and decent top end and get about 17-18 mpg...although i still havent managed to put 4.56 in the front dana. when i have my other projects complete i plan to drop a...
  9. 91 xlt resto almost complete

welded in new fender well in the booth new door and all taped up new wheels i went with sealer down Well there it is tell me what you guys think. I was wanting to wait untill i was completely finished with her but with being so busy its gonna take me a couple months i...
  10. in need of door handle help

okay guys ive done some work on my doors and in the process ive taken the handles off...these are the older style handles on the 91 it seems as if they were maybe stock riveted to the door....as for reinstalling can anyone help me on this procedure?
  11. Bushwacker cutouts opinion/help please

So im in the process of doing a slight resto of my ranger and ive put it off a little to long and the rust has gotten to my rear fender wells...its nothing to awful but at first i was leaning towrds regular flares rather than cutouts...doing the cutouts will get rid of all the rust that is...
  12. Exhaust opinions 4.0l ranger

Okay im planning on redoing my exhaust on my ranger and i was wanting opinions on what to put on it...Im looking for a deep rumble sound out of a 4.0 v6 and not wanting any crackleing any ideas?
  13. My 91 Green Ranger Check it out

I bought this truck about two years ago for a steal of $1800 the body has about 223,XXX miles on it and the motor has approx 90,000 on it. It is a 91 ext cab 4.0L 5 speed manual tranny. It has a 4 inch rough country suspension lift, 3 inch body lift and a 2 inch leveling kit. Other mods-warn...
  14. New Member 91BiggieGreen from West Virginia

Hello im from West Virginia I currently have 2 ford rangers. One of them is my 88 Stx with 323,XXX miles on it great truck but the body is shot, future resto. But about two years ago i bought my 91 green ranger and it is my slow moving project but is a great daily driver. And im having problems...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad